Chapter 2

LOBO is one of the best teams in the Chinese Wilderness Professional League. They are not short of money, and this can be seen from the fact that they set up their base on the floating island-the rent on the floating island is at least four times more expensive than that of the city on the ground. Speaking of this fact, one must know the company behind LOBO, known as a weird investor in the esports world-Liansheng Technology. This is a new enterprise that started with holographic equipment. The semi-exposed secret in the industry is that Liansheng's boss is the young master of the old and wealthy Gao family in City B.

If it is said that the results and popularity of LOBO in the first two years have made Lian Sheng earn a lot of money with many sponsors are rushing and wanting to share a piece of the pie with Lian Sheng. The decline of LOBOs since the S3 season had caused them to become tasteless in many business mans' eyes. The team's overall performance was mediocre, the players' personal strength was good, and the fan base was stable. But in the end, they still couldn't win the team competition. What's the use of stabilizing in the quarterfinals? There are a total of 16 teams, is it amazing to just win half of them? Besides, LOBO is a team that has once won the world championship.

The lineup is singular and the results are "excessively stable". If such a team does not change, the commercial value will consistently drop. No fan would stay purely out of sentiment. For a team that can no longer make a lot of money, many people are waiting for them to be sold off by the investors and rejected by sponsors. However, even after waiting for a long time, Lian Sheng did not make any movement and still spends a lot of money to let the entire LOBO club live comfortably.

Don't talk about businessmen who are aiming for a profit, even the fans thought of it after a long period of time: Is Lian Sheng, the investor daddy doing charity?

Regardless of what the charitable Lian Sheng thinks, LOBO's base was built luxuriously anyway. The floating island off the coast of City S is known as the golden city, not because of its status as a financial centre, but because of its housing price. The LOBO club has two branches of the division located here, one is the Wilderness, the other is the holographic Werewolf game. (T/N: The Wilderness is more towards a D&D game. The Werewolf game: https://playwerewolf.co/pages/rules)

The two branches share a townhouse. They enter and exit together every day and occasionally have supper together. Fans can even enter the live broadcasting room of one branch and see players from the other branch there. Therefore, the relationship between the two fan groups is surprisingly good. When they are struggling, they can often see the fans of the other branch helping them.

Pei Pei Ze drove for a few hours and only arrived at the LOBO branch of the Golden City in the early hours of the morning. He parked the car in the garage, turned his head and looked at Hu Luobei, who was already soundly asleep. With the heater turned on in the car, Hu Luobei opened his mouth slightly, his face was flushed. Maybe because his neck was uncomfortable from sleeping in such a position, he unconsciously rubbed it against the back of the car seat.

Pei Pei Ze carefully detoured around to the co-driver's side, opened the car door, and hugged the person sideways. Hu Luobei moved slightly but did not wake up.

One can go directly to the basement from the garage of the villa without going through the front entrance. The basement on the LOBO wilderness side was renovated into a studio. At that moment, a few team members were gathered around watching a ghost movie. When Pei Pei Ze suddenly kicked open the side door of the basement, it just so happened that the malevolent ghost in the movie had twisted its head back.

With 360° surround sound in addition to humans screaming, Hu Luo Bei was awakened in an instant -sitting in shock and looking dazed for a long time.