Chapter two

solar had a destiny. and he adored it. just imagine, being king one day! saving the world!

a/n:males can rule kingdoms btw 😊

he dreamed of his destiny every night. the only thing he dreamed more of was tide. now, this wasn't a secret, he had made it very obvious. Tide,sadly was simply annoyed by his efforts to impress her and usually would get her long gorgeous dark blue tail whapped in his face, and a witty response like this one that he was given today. "keep trying cassanova. this is entertaining." Tide said to him after he  said this "has anybody even told you that you are stunningly beautiful milady?"he was drifting off thinking of his fantasies with tide. ok, i won't lie, Solar is a tad obsessed. ok not a tad obsessed. he is COMPLETLEY obsessed. he snapped out of his dream and looked down at his talons. in it was a rather large chicken. next to him was crocodile, his best friend who gave him ideas to make tide like him. Crocodile was hungrily munching at a large cow. Beside Crocodile was Diamond who wasn't eating at all. it wasn't that she wasn't hungry, she was on a diet. Diamond's entire life almost entirely revolved around beauty. as she was already pretty enough, or the most beautiful dragon ever as crocodile said, but she refused to believe it. Next to solar was Tide, who was carefully plucking the feathers off a colorful parrot before taking a bite of it. Tide was also talking to Twilight. Solar saw Tides blue face turn a bit pink as Twilight complemented her. Solar was very upset about this. Tide always stumbled when she talked and was shy around Twilight. Solar coulden't understand why. Twilight and Tide were best friends. Why was Tide so awkward around her? 

Solar finished his chicken and trudged to his cavern. Spark poked her head through the cavern enterance. "heres this weeks scroll i think youll like it." spark said,tossing a dusty  old scroll in front of solar's talons. "why the long face? ohh, you got rejected by tide again!" Vampiric giggled. Spark slapped her tail into vampiric's face. "cmon lets go bring these scrolls to the others." Spark said, carrying the other scrolls. "and i suggest you read up on the outside world. youll be leaving soon." Vampiric told him right before she left. solar's face lit up like fire as the prospect of leaving the mountain. they  had gone outside before, but they never left summerstone mountain. fun fact, summerstone mountain is actually an inactive volcano, the only one on Paiala. solar unraveled the scroll to see its topic.

                                                             ‖the history of Paiala‖
long ago Paiala was created by three gods. there was turtle, who shaped the seas and ponds and streams and lakes. there was anemone, turtles sister who allowed life to flourish through the land. and there was jerboa, who rose the land of the continent from the seas. each of the gods created some of the great tribes. Turtle created the Shadowwings,Stormwings,and Shiverwings Anemone created the Gemwings and Predadorwings, and finally there was Jerboa who raised the earth from the ocean. she created the Fangwings and the Flamewings. these gods were what we call animuses.they send their tribes prophecies and messages. some mortals are animi, and they are the favorites of the gods, given a cut of their magic.the gods also handpicked families to rule over their tribes.Paiala flourished, and dragons began making larger territories. currency was created and with currency came class. the higher class got the best meals, mansions and exotic pets like lions. and with class comes discord.the predadorwings were revolting against the upper class. they brutally murdered many, and put others in their place. this was the predadorwing war. wars between the tribes sparked many times during these ages. but peace after 4 generations, was restored. Paiala now is a peaceful and flourishing continent. i will leave the rest of this scroll blank for others to fill in.

Solar rolled his eyes at the outdated scroll. he fidgeted with his claws before curling up in his bed for a long sleep, and the mountain was quiet.