14.

"I'm sure he is sick." Izzie nodded.

"stop trying, barbie. Derek is a child. He can't even show up after he ditched Meredith and after she confronted him. Idiot. Men...god." Cristina said with a disgusted look on her face.

Izzie rolled her eyes and then turned to the figure next to her. So did Cristina. The figure didn't seem to have heard.

"Mer? You ok?" Cristina said. "I'm missing 4th period because of Derek."

Meredith sighed and looked at her two friends, then looked at the step bellow her. Izzie, Cristina and Meredith were sitting on the third floor stairwell.

"Mer? why are you so worried? something could have come up...family?" Izzie suggested.

"he would have told me, wouldn't he have?" Meredith asked desperatly.

"um..." Izzie furrowed her eyebrows.

"great." Meredith put her arms up in defeat. "I made him feel like he was crap so he doesn't show up. I knew he was childish...but not THIS childish." Meredith groaned.

"look." Cristina said. "Maybe you should just forget about the son of a bitch. I mean he did hurt you and now he is acting like the victim and doesn't even show up to school the next day because he's scared. Idiot." Cristina shook her head.

Meredith looked at her friend for a bit then shook it off, ignoring her and turning to Izzie.

"I need to find him...but i have know idea where he lives. I need to find him and slap him for being so damn childish." Meredith said

"I don't know what to tell you Meredith." Crsitina said and stood up. "Now i have to go make an excuse for being late to 4th period. This was a complete waist of time." Cristina said and left teh staircase, Meredith and Izzie staring after her.

"so much for being my friend!" Meredith shouted. Cristina just put her hand up and waved her off.

Meredith widened her eyes at Cristina's retreating figure and watched as it disapeared around the corner. Cristina needed to lighten up.

"I don't know what to do Meredith...i can keep coming up with stupid suggestions, like calling him till he picks up or just sit here with you and let you complain of how childish he is or i can go to class and actually use my time well." Izzie groaned and stood up too. Meredith looked up at Izzie with surprise, ok, Cristina she could understand. But Izzie?

"what?!" Meredith said shocked. "I..I need-"

"what do you need Meredith? Do you need to find him? Ok, Meredith maybe you should just forget about him, unless you'll actually admitt you love him." Izzie said seriously.

Meredith was shocked

"love him? no...no i don't love him. He so stupid." Meredith shook her head, looking ahead

"then forget about him being gone!" Izzie shouted annoyed, causing Mereidth to look up in surprise. "look, all we hear about is Derek this, Derek that...and Cristina and i have put up with some serious crap these couple of weeks. You complain about him, you like him, you hate him, then you like him again and then 'i don't know' and the ugh!" Izzie shouted. "Then you snap at Cristina and I if we try to help or just say no to it. Meredith, if you don't love the guy, then what the hell are you doing, what the hell are Cristina and I doing?" Izzie said, looking at Meredith desperatly.

Meredith just kept teh shoked expression on. She didn't know what to say to that. She didn't realize how much her friends didn't care about her.

Izzie stood there looking at her...waiting for a reply, but when none came...