29.

Derek, Mark, Cristina and Izzie stayed with Meredith that night, being there for her.

She clung to Derek still into late in the night, crying. They were all very happy that they got there in time and that she hadn't been fully raped.

Meredith was happy for that too, but he had still touched her, still kissed her. And she hated that he did that. It had been gross and he did when she hadn't wanted to. She never wanted to kiss anyone besides Derek. But he had forced himself on her.

It was good that she had fought as much as she did. Because if she hadn't, he probably would have raped her fully before they got there.

She was crying it all out. She just let it all out then so she wouldn't cry later. She hated crying. But she couldn't help herself, so she was deciding to do it all now.

When Meredith finally quieted down, though still sobbing every once in a while, Derek decided to actually talk to her for the first time that day.

"How are you Mer?" He whispered.

Meredith sniffed and buried her head further into his chest, shaking her head. That meant she wasn't doing good. Derek knew that, but he just wanted to talk to her, comfort her. He was wishing that this had never happened. He just wanted it to all go away.

They would probably have to answer the polices questions and they might even have to go to court to testify against that freak...

But he didn't want that at all. And thankfully, it wasn't happening yet.

He knew that Charles had been trouble from the start. He had always suspected...

But he had been afraid to tell Meredith of these feelings, because he had feared that she would have laughed or rolled her eyes at him, saying that Charles was harmless. He had feared her denial. So he hadn't said anything.

He should have said something. But he still didn't think she would have believed him. He hadn't had any evidence of anything and Charles had been her friend, a good fried.

Derek closed his eyes and tried to control his anger when he had thought that. He should never have left her alone with him.

But she had insisted...the day before that day she had said that he was around to much. He had been around her 24/7...he had been so worried about her and he had voiced that to her and she had asked why. He had said because of Wiess. She had said that Wiess was no longer a problem and that he shouldn't be so protective all the time.

Well...hopefully she now got why he was so protective...

He had to say something...but he had no idea what to say at the moment. She was hurt. Physically and emotionally. She had some bruises yes, but not much.

Meredith hadn't told him yet, but he had held her hard against the wall and that had hurt. She couldn't talk...she was just...broken.

The other three sat there quietly, just being there for her so she knew she wasn't alone. She had Derek and her friends.

As Meredith started to drift off to sleep around midnight that night, Ellis came into the living room.

Ellis looked at the five of them, but particularly Meredith, who was still clinging to Derek, even in sleep that had now, finally come.

"How-how is she?" Ellis stammered softly.

"She's just now gotten to sleep." Derek whispered, holding Meredith very close.

"This guy...what was his name?" Ellis didn't look so nice at the mention of this guy. Derek didn't say anything, but just clenched his jaw. He really wanted to kill this guy.