Chapter Six

I growled as I pulled against Dabi's grip around my arms and torso, uncomfortably aware of how close his flames were to my cheek. Perspiration began to drip from my forehead, despite how small the blue fire was, the heat was immense. Whilst I could have afforded another transformation, I knew I wouldn't be able to hold it for long, especially not long enough to be able to escape in on piece.

"You're a feisty one," Dabi chuckled, tightening his hold so I was completely flush against his chest to the point I could feel the staples along his torso digging into my back through our clothes. "I'm going to enjoy having you around."

"I like her," Toga announced, having now regained consciousness. She rubbed her head, getting to her feet and stretching, as if she'd only been napping and hadn't been thrown into a wall and knocked out. I looked at her in bewilderment.

"So she can fight," the lizard man stated, throwing his sword over his shoulder into its sheath. Toga skipped over to us, knife no where to be seen now. The lizard man ran his claws through his pink hair. "However, she's only going to be useful if she isn't causing trouble, otherwise she'll be too much hassle to bother keeping alive."

Toga giggled, raising her hand to her face as she blushed. "I don't think she cares very much if she dies or not, she seems like the type to 'die trying', which despite the outcome, would still be very interesting to watch!"

Toga looked at me with an intense smile.

"That's why we threaten her with someone else's life, one she wouldn't dare endanger," Dabi proposed, his words sending a shiver down my spine since I could almost sense the malicious grin he was probably sporting behind me. I tensed up when his lips came close to my right ear again, speaking only loud enough so I could hear. "I'm sure your lovely neighbour wouldn't mind me paying her a visit, do you think? I think she liked me."

I gasped, horrified. How dare he threaten Mrs Tomura's life! I wouldn't let him lay a finger on her!

Angry, I tried throwing my weight to break Dabi's hold, ready to fight til the death if it meant they'd leave Mrs Tomura alone.

But much to my displeasure, Dabi only grunted at my effort, my strength and resistance not phasing him at all now he had a good grip on me. I suddenly felt the hand that was on my arm begin to burn up, the tingling sensation acting like a warning.

A warning I quickly took heed to.

I gulped.

As much as I wanted to get out of here, protect my neighbour and get away from these villains, there was nothing stopping them going after her regardless of if I was alive or not. They were unpredictable, ruthless, and would probably go after her for the fun of it if I got myself killed trying to escape.

Noticing the change in my behaviour, Dabi lowered the heat in both hands, allowing me to let go of the breath I'd been holding. Maintaining his grip, he stood a little straighter, me still pulled against him with no room for movement. The smell of tobacco, cologne and burnt flesh had completely surrounded my senses.

"So, Ren, you aren't going to try and escape now, are you?" Dabi asked, this time loud enough for the other two villains to hear. His tone was almost patronising, and I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from speaking out of turn to avoid pissing him off anymore.

I clamped my jaw but nodded reluctantly.

"I'll need your words, doll face," he said, hands getting warm again.

Doll face?

Was he being serious?!

Regardless, I compled.