The Age of Steel

Because there's no better way to form a Pilot/Companion bond than in the face of danger. :P

Enjoy "The Age of Steel!"

***

"Delete! Delete! Delete!"

"Down!" the Alchemist shouted. The Doctor dropped to his knees immediately -

The Alchemist did a somersault in midair, her kick powerful enough to send one of the Cybermen stumbling away. It gave her the time to get to her sonic blaster, and as the first Cybermen shot, she fired to block the shot, then shot down the next three Cybermen in her path. "What the hell?" Jake shouted, backing away in horror and surprise.

"Run!" the Doctor shouted, backing away as the Alchemist cut the Cybermen off, firing continuously, taking down Cyberman after Cyberman before she reached into the pocket of her vest and held up the power cell, aimed, and activated it. The Cybermen bent over backwards and were atomized.

A van's horn honked, and Mrs. Moore poked her head out of the window. "Everybody in!" she shouted.

"I've got to go back," Pete denied, about to head back. "My wife's in there!"

"Anyone inside that house is dead," the Doctor told him. "If you want to help, then don't let her die for nothing. You've got to come with us right now."

"Come on!" Mrs. Moore called impatiently as Ricky and Jake climbed in. "Get a move on!"

"Rose," the Alchemist whispered, taking Rose's arm and tugging her gently towards the van. "She's not your mother."

"I know," Rose whispered, climbing in.

Mickey followed her, then the Doctor, with the Alchemist in the back. "Finished chatting?" Mrs. Moore complained as the Alchemist slid her vest off, putting her sonic blaster back in its holster as she sat next to the Doctor, the man instantly putting his arm around her. "Never seen a slower getaway in my life!"

"What was that?" Ricky asked.

"That would be my Bonded," the Doctor smirked. "Extraordinary strength, stamina, endurance, and boy, can she kiss!"

"Did not need to hear that," Rose groaned as she shook her head, even as Mickey chuckled, the Alchemist blushing.

"I think he meant the power cell," the Alchemist told the Doctor.

"Well, that's also something extraordinarily powerful," he said, kissing the top of her head before taking the power cell. "Little bit of technology from our home."

"It's stopped glowing," Mickey said worriedly. "Has it run out?"

"It's on a revitalizing loop," the Doctor explained. "It'll charge back up in about four hours."

"Right," Ricky scowled. "So we don't have a weapon anymore."

"I am a weapon," the Alchemist told him, that soldier look still on her face, her arms folded and one leg over the other.

"And we've got weapons," Jake added before glaring at Pete. "Might not be one of those metal things, but they're good enough for men like him."

"Leave him alone," Rose told him. "What's he done wrong?"

Jake rolled his eyes. "Oh, you know, just laid a trap that's wiped out the government and left Lumic in charge!"

"If I was part of all that, do you think I'd leave my wife inside?" Pete asked, looking pointedly at the Doctor and the Alchemist.

"No," she answered immediately.

"Maybe your plan went wrong," Ricky shrugged. "Still gives us the rights to execute you, though."