New Earth

The Alchemist couldn't stop smiling the next morning as she helped the Doctor power up the TARDIS, ready to head off on their first adventure. The TARDIS seemed to be responding to every single move she made, handling so much easier than she had been before. "I told you she loves you," the Doctor grinned.

"And now I can really tell," the Alchemist smiled, patting the time rotor, grinning widely when the TARDIS hummed, her lights brightening. "It's just . . . " She shook her head, tilting her head at him. "That wasn't all a dream, was it?"

"I certainly hope not," the Doctor scoffed, stepping to her side and brushing her hair behind her ear. "And if it is . . . " He kissed her, and she responded, both of them . . . quite breathless when they were done. "I definitely do not want to wake up," he finished.

She grinned. "Me neither."

The Doctor grinned back and finished powering up the TARDIS, and the Alchemist poked her head out of the door. "Rose!" she called, the girl finishing up saying goodbye to her mum and Mickey. "Let's move it!"

"Shut up!" Rose laughed, making the Alchemist wink. She turned to Jackie. "I'm going now," she smiled. "I love you!"

"I love you," Jackie smiled, giving her a hug.

Rose hugged her back, turning to Mickey. "Love you, love you," she said, giving him a kiss.

"Love you," Mickey replied.

"Bye," Rose smiled, stepping into the TARDIS and taking off her rucksack. She smiled as she watched the Doctor and the Alchemist work in sync to fly the TARDIS, both of them happier than she'd seen them both in a long time. They'd told her that morning about the Bonding they'd formed, and she'd grinned so widely she'd been afraid she'd split her face. That was followed by a huge Tyler hug, nearly squeezing them to death. Apparently, teasing had paid off . . . or the Doctor had finally come to his senses. "So where are we going?" she asked.

"Further than we're ever gone before," the Doctor answered.

"Dramatic much?" the Alchemist joked, flipping a lever.

He gave her a look. "Do you want me to be more dramatic?" he quipped.

She raised an eyebrow. "How dramatic would that be?"

Rose cleared her throat. "How about when there's not another human in the room?" she offered.

They both grinned in reply, and the Alchemist flipped another lever to land them. The Doctor held open the door, and Rose's jaw dropped when she stepped outside, seeing cars flying above them. "It's the year five billion and twenty three," the Doctor explained, stepping out behind the Alchemist. "We're in the galaxy M87, and this? This is New Earth."

"That's just . . . " Rose spun in a circle, jaw still hanging open. "That's just . . . "

"Not bad," the Doctor agreed, hands in his pockets as he looked around as well. "Not bad at all!"

"That's amazing!" Rose gushed as the Alchemist smiled. "I'll never get used to this. Never! Different ground beneath my feet, different sky . . . " She sniffed. "What's that smell?"

The Alchemist crouched down and tugged some of the grass from the ground, taking a whiff. "Apple grass," she answered, holding it up.

"Apple grass," Rose repeated incredulously.

"Yeah," the Alchemist grinned.

"It's beautiful!" Rose laughed, pulling her up to tug her into a hug, bringing the Doctor in a moment later. "Oh, I love this! Can I just say, traveling with you . . . " She beamed. "I love it."