Chapter 3

Eunoia
[yoo-noy-uh]
(n.) a pure and well-balanced mind, a good spirit

) a pure and well-balanced mind, a good spirit

Maxton

The time was almost here.

Football season was right around the corner.

"Alright guys. You know what to do. Running drills first. Have the ball ready. Then it's formation ready," coach ordered before clapping twice, indicating break. We all ran in separate directions to the three sections of the field where there were three stations of different running drills.

We did so for the next ten minutes; no stopping per usual or time would restart. Our drills consisted of running through a sprint ladder, sprint stride intervals, and coach even took the liberty into adding a hurdle drill.

I continued to launch myself over the hurdles and sprinted my ass off through the ladders. I guess you could say some of that work was aimed towards forgetting everything I had manage to fuck up with her.

As soon as coach yelled time, I rested my hands on top of my sweaty forehead in frustration. Shaking my head, I grunted and marched over to the water table they provided.

Get your damn head out of your ass, Carter.

Grabbing my bottle, I took a long drink of my water, water-falling it into my mouth; then squeezing the water onto my face to avoid overheating. "Yo Carter," a voice calls. A voice that belonged to Ryan Stoico.

Standford's linebacker and my best friend.

"What's up man? What's good with you?" Our hands crashed together, our bodies pulling into each other all at once.

We both made our way to the mid section of the field, getting into position.

This practice is going to be hell.

                                            ~•~
In the locker room...

"Hey Carter? You going to Maddy's party with us across campus or what?" One of my teammates asked. Also known as Grayson Navarro. Senior captain besides me and a few others.

A fucking asshole if you ask me. But I guess that's why we get along to a certain extent.

After practice, most of our football players like to either attend the big sorority parties or go to a club near the school to find a local fuck. Of course, it helped that we were all football players in the first place; girls liked to get with us constantly. And who am I to refuse? "Yeah. I'll meet you guys there. Gotta pick up something first," I say to him while stuffing my helmet into the small cubby beneath my bag. Ryan and I were the last ones in the room as everyone either said 'See ya' or 'See you guys at the party'.

I sighed. This fucking party better have some busty blondes ready to spread their legs or I might just have to kick Navarro's ass for wasting my time.

Sliding my gray, Nike t-shirt over my head and pulled my black mesh shorts over my simple black compression shorts.