Chapter 5

Aesthete
(adj.) someone with deep sensitivity to the beauty of art or nature

) someone with deep sensitivity to the beauty of art or nature

Noa

It was as if everything was in slow motion as Maxton's god-like face moved closer and closer to mine. My body was frozen in place. Piercing, dominant eyes were trained on mine the entire time like a predator afraid to lose its prey.

"Please M-Maxto—" before I could finish, his lips fell straight onto mine in a kiss. The kiss was slow at first as my lips remained stationary; my brain still trying to believe that this was actually happening.

Will someone please pinch me? Or is this really happening right now?

My eyes were cinched shut, yet my lips still remained motionless as ever. I had completely froze.

What do I do? I don't even know how to kiss!

Great. Just great.

You were given a chance to have your first kiss with an absolute panty-dropping god with a twenty pack, raging muscles, perfect teeth, perfect lips, perfe—

He pulls away slightly, his hand moving from my thigh and all the way up to my ass; a tight squeeze, following. A small yelp escaped my lips. "Relax, sweetheart," he murmured against my lips.

My cheeks flamed in embarrassment as my head hung down, avoiding his dark gaze.

A deep chuckle sounded, a piece of his hair dropping onto his forehead.

The burning feeling down below increased with every little moment. Especially after allowing that dangerously sexy chuckle to enter my ears.

His other hand that was caressing the back of my head slowly slid down until his big, rough hand arrived at the back of my neck. Gradually, I felt his arm flex as he yanked my body up to his chest before crashing his lips onto mine.

This time, I followed his movements.

Our lips moved fast together.

The hand that was squeezing the back of my neck then moved to the front of my neck. As soon as it arrived there, he didn't hesitate to give me a slight squeeze.

The whole new feeling of being kissed and groped at the same time was too overwhelming. In response to his actions, a light and unexpected sound vibrated between our lips.

Did I just...moan?

I then felt a small pat on my right ass cheek. Maxton started pulling away, slightly biting my bottom lip in the process.

The moment his lips moved away from mine, the hot air of the house caressed my lips instead. It was hard to ignore the slight pang of disappointment that entered my heart at the realization that the moment was now over.

However, it didn't stop my brain from being in a temporary daze.

"Noa motherfuckin Araceli!" I finally snapped out of that daze when I saw Logan and Ana push their way through the now dissipated crowd.

"Who knew little miss Noa could get down and dirty in front of an entire crowd." Ana whistled lowly, punching my arm playfully. I hurriedly hopped off the table before grabbing my clothes and moving to a dark corner of the house. I slide my clothes on without so much as a glance towards both girls. I just kissed Maxton Carter.

I just freaking kissed Maxton Carter.

In my underwear.

What the...is this a dream?

Am I gonna wake up soon?

Cause if I am I would love to wake up.

Why? Cause now I've drawn attention to myself, and that is exactly what I didn't want to do.

"That was probably the hottest body shot I've ever seen," Logan squealed, tapping Ana's shoulder excitedly while jumping up and down. Logan then turned to me, "Noa you freaky bitch."

I finally looked at them from under my lashes and blushed, my arms crossed against my stomach. "So how was it?!"

"Did you like it?"

"Was it your first--"

I kept looking back and forth between Ana and Logan as they kept asking more and more questions.

Did I like it?

Of course I liked it.

If only they knew I more than liked it. If only they knew that that was my first time doing something with a guy. If only they knew that if he suggested taking it beyond kissing the shit out of me...I would've let him.

Which was honestly confusing as I've never done anything with a guy. My inexperience, my shyness, and my dedication towards my school work and school work only stopped me from ever having those desires. Let alone with a guy I only knew of, not a guy I necessarily knew.

That kiss...I'm still stuck on that freaking kiss...

There's something about him. Something so...primal.

Dominant...if that's the appropriate word. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but...that turned me on.

The way he held eye contact with me, the way he lured me to the table with just a simple nod of his head, to the way he held my neck in his clutches as his tongue explored every corner of my mouth.

Noa-Beth, you kinky bitch.

What is wrong with me? Focus Noa! Focus.

I was reeled back into reality when Ana and Logan held both my hands and led me to the dance floor.

If there's one thing I know about Logan, I know she's never going to let me live this down.

Tomorrow is not something I look forward to...