chapter 8.

The great aqua sun stung their faces as they both opened their eyes to get a sense of direction, they were both leaning on the fence so close to touching, just inches away. The reason they awoke though was not as peaceful as their fluttering eyes though as both girls jumped in alarm with the constant noises that they were hearing from within the distant. Both girls looked in the same distant both confirming that they were hearing the same thing from behind the mountains, the grey stone now being highlighted with shades of ocean and aqua marine colours. Bang! Went the constant shots as both girls stood in alarm the noise ringing in both their ears, whatever it was, it was definitely bad. It did not matter now what side of the fence either was on they both knew this would affect them. The current noises were coming from the vesuvian side both girls could tell. Mars could feel herself heating up as she crept towards the mountain corner that would show the secrets of the noises, the dust from the floor rose as she tracked further than all of a sudden, a bang was heard from the neptunium side, a retaliation.

Both girls were now aware the shock on both their faces they had neither heard anything like this before, as they looked at each other then back at the corners they were both about to cross. Both girls' palms were sweating as their tangled hair poked their eyes relentlessly. Jupe brushed it back behind her ears, yet mars continued in on the quest.

The vesuvian gasped as the neptunium asked what was wrong. Mars went pale, paler than the cherry blossoms on the spring trees or the wool on a white lamb's fleece. She could not believe it after years of hiding their problems behind a fence the vesuvians and neptunium's must have thought all their issues with each other would have gone but they must have been wrong as the crashing sounds of tank tracks clanged around on the hard vesuvian ground asserting its dominance versus the opposition. it clinked and clanged as it got closer and closer to the fence that Mars was sure of that protected the vesuvians from the "monsters" on the other side yet now she knew it was not true. It moved in complete control but why was it there?

Jupe continued to turn the corner to the neptunium side and realised now what Mars saw in absolute horror.

She stumbled back a tight pain rising from her chest, she had always thought that the fence had solved all the problems that both countries held against each other, but it seems now that it never did. It was just a disguise for the horrors that got through it. The politics never discussed the other side yet now both girls realised that they were just hiding from the public, all conversations and meeting were secret. Everything was a deception. Everything either one of them was told was a lie. Neither side was the true monster its just that their perceptions of each other was that they were so. All because they did not agree with each other. All because they were too childish to agree on a compromise, so they built a fence instead. The fence they thought would solve all their problems. It did not. They were just stupid. Stupid adult politicians who made childish remarks. War now lay on the horizon, how much had Mars missed from down within the city and what happened?