Baking Romance pt.1(KaoUp)

Hi guys!!

I know, I'm the worst person for not uploading for a long time. I've been sorting through some stuff but I'm better now so I wrote. I don't know if it's any good but I hope you all like it. 

Please read the endnote- I have an important announcement.

For now...please enjoy!

___________________________-

Up's POV

Ding!

I looked up when the gate of the bakery opened to see my friend Ken making his way to the counter. It was nighttime and I had closed the bakery, taking my time to put everything in order and preparing some batters and creams for tomorrow.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Ken.

"Hello to you too, Up." He replied cheekily with a suspicious smile on his face.

"You did not drop by to just greet me. So what do you want? What made you have time to come here?" 

"Oh, well...I have a small favor to ask..." He trailed off.

"I knew it! There's no way you would detach yourself from your new girlfriend to come meet me." I smirked.

"Come on, you make me sound bad if you say it like that." I laughed at his pouty face. 

Composing myself I asked, "Anyways, what do you want?"

"Um...you know my brother, Kao?"

"Yes, how can I forget? He used to trail me around all the time." I smiled at the memories.

 "Yeah...He recently came back from abroad to finish his college here and...he's interested in baking and stuff and  he's in search of a job till the new college semester begins..." I did not like where this was going.

"So?" I questioned.

"So...I was thinking...that maybe you C-could hire him." I opened my mouth to cut him off but- "Before you say anything, just think about it, you'll have a full-time worker for the time being as all the ones here now are part-timers, it'll be a great help. Kao's baking skills are pretty basic but he's willing to learn and would be a good student. Besides, when I showed him the pictures of your bakery, he's adamant to want to work here. Please! Please! Pretty please!!!" He ended his mini-speech.

I really wanted to refuse him but seeing his puppy eyes, I couldn't. "Fine. Bring him here tomorrow before I open. Don't be late." I finally said.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are the best!!" He hugged me tightly, making it hard for me to breathe before I pushed him off.

"Stop being so cheesy. Now go. I need to close up." I said shooing him off.

"Oii, come on, let's grab dinner together today. It's been ages." I contemplated his idea.

"Okay fine, but you're paying." Then I moved to the kitchen to check if everything was turned off.

"OKAY. I'M WAITING OUTSIDE."

After finishing up in the bakery, I went out to find Ken waiting for me. I got in his car and went to a nearby restaurant to get dinner. 

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful. I went back home and called it night after a warm shower. Before sleeping, thoughts of Kao surrounded my head. I obviously knew what he looked like. 

He's so handsome. 

Shaking my head, I tried to get rid of Kao from my head and fell asleep as exhaustion caught up to me.