Chapter 56

2 days later

The power finally came back on. Mer was laying in bed. I brought her up here last night because her back hurt. She's been walking a little better. I had a zoom meeting later tonight and Mer was supposed to go to a fundraiser for the hospital. They all had to wear masks. I got up and got dressed. I went to Nova's room. She was awake. I decided to start a bath for her. I went into her bathroom and turned the bath on. I put soap in it to make bubbles and put some toys into it. The bath filled up and i turned the water off. I walked out and grabbed Nova. I brought her into the bathroom and I undressed her. I put her into the bath and sat on the edge of it. I rolled the sleeves of my button down shirt up and started washing her. Her hair was really curly. She's so precious. I wish she was able to have siblings. Mer and I haven't really talked that much about it, but I do miss them a lot. Nova started splashing her duck in the water. She started laughing and her teeth were amazing. She has 2 front teeth and some back teeth, it's adorable. I started laughing with her. I washed her hair and body. I drained the bath water and took her out. I shook her off and grabbed a towel. It was a monster towel and there was a hood that goes onto her head attached to it. She was shivering. I wrapped her in the towel and pulled the monster hood over her face. I held her in my arms and her eyes started sparkling like her mine. I started smiling. I leaned down and kissed her face. She started giggling. I got up and started drying her off more. I changed her into a pink t shirt and black sweatpants. I put white socks onto her. I brought her back into the bathroom and sat her on her sink. I started brushing her hair. I styled it and grabbed her toothbrush. I brushed her teeth and held her. I brought her downstairs and put her into her high chair. I grabbed a banana and cut it up. I gave Nova the pieces and she started eating them. I ate a banana myself. Nova was finally down and I gave her some strawberries and juice. She finished and I wiped her hands. I brought her upstairs into Mer and I's room.

"Hey are are you feeling" I asked handing Nova to her

She sat up and took Nova

"I'm feeling okay" she said

"Good. Are you hungry?" I asked

"Not really" she said

I nodded and sat next to her. We laid in bed with nova for a little bit.

6 hours later

Mer was getting ready for the party that she's going to, well fundraiser but we all know that it's going to turn into a crazy party. I couldn't go because I have to do hospital stuff in this meeting. We just put Nova down for a nap. I went downstairs and into my office. I went onto the computer and waited for the meeting in the little waiting room. It started in five minutes. I was wearing a dress shirt, a tie, and dress pants. The meeting finally started and we all came into it. There was 20 of us. We all started answering questions. My question was done. I heard something and turned my head to the side. She was standing at the door way smiling.

"Hey what are you doing" I said putting myself on mute

She walked in and walked over to me. I turned my chair and looked at her. She put her hands in my hair and I put my hands on her ass. I pulled her on to my lap and she started kissing my lips. I opened my mouth and she deepened the kiss. She put her tongue down my throat and started grinding against my lap.

"Dr. Shepherd" I heard

I pulled away and moved her a little bit. I realized that my camera was on. I had lipstick all over my mouth and I saw Meredith through the screen. I unmuted myself. I pushed her off of me a little out of the frame.

"My apologies" i said

"Sorry" Mer smiled before I turned my camera off and muted myself.

She went back to the middle of my lap and started kissing me again. She kept moving her hips back and forth making me crazy. I wanted this to last.