Chapter 3

Harry woke up the next day, happily. He was excited to start the day, he woke up Ron. Getting ready, the two boys had an early breakfast. Harry looking over at Hermione, who was reading an unknown novel. He smiled, not paying attention to Ron who was talking about the food. As soon as Ron was talking about the course, Harry snapped out of his trance and asked.

“What class is first?”

“It's Transfiguration.”

After breakfast, Ron and Harry ran around the castle looking for the Transfiguration class. Lost, unsure where to go. Asking upperclassmen, they finally found their way. As they walked in, Harry and Ron looked relieved to see that the teacher wasn't present. There was an alone cat on the desk, as students were writing on their parchment. Hermione looked up from her parchment and looked at the boys before going back to writing.

“Made It!” said Ron in relief.
“Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?”

Just then, the cat jumped in the air. Turning into Professor McGonagall.

Harry and Ron stared in awe.

“That was bloody brilliant!” exclaimed Ron.

“Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps, it'd be more useful if I were to have transfigured one of you into a pocket watch. Perhaps one of you would be on time.”

Both Ron and Harry apologized and took their seats.

||••••••||

The next class was Potions, Harry and Hermione sat together as Ron sat behind them. Professor Snape came into the classroom dramatically.

Telling them that there will be no incantations in his class, how he was able to bottle fame, brew glory and put a stopper in death.

Harry was writing every word down when Professor Snape noticed he wasn't paying attention.

Professor Snape paused.  Hermione elbowed Harry to looked towards the Professor. Harry looked towards him silently.

“Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity.”

Harry locked eyes with the professor.

To test him, professor Snape asked him a few questions.

“Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?”

Hermione's hand shot up.

“I don't know sir,” said Harry.

“You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?”

Hermione's hand shot up again.

Harry shook his head, before replying. “I don't know, sir.”

“and what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?”

Hermione's hand once again shot up in excitement. Knowing the answer. 

“ I don't know, sir.”

“Pity,” said Professor Snape. “Fame isn't everything...is it Mr. Potter?”

“Hermione knows. Seems a pity not to ask her.”

Some classmates laughed, Professor Snape silenced them before walking over to Harry, giving him the answers.

After, he took 5 points from Gryffindor for his ‘cheek’.

||•••••••||