Chapter 1

Tiny water droplets covering the windshield of the car, there was increase in the humidity, making the boy uneasy In his seat.

There was loud thundering of clouds, with water droplets hitting the ground, it felt gloomy. 

Headphones were playing loud music, trying to hold his emotions at the bay and block the noise of tiny water droplets hitting the road. He looked out of the window in the colourless world, trying to find some colors but failed terribly.

This was how he was feeling since his mother's death, a colourless world, nothing was in the way they used to without his mother but we can't fight with the destiny now can we?

His father had shaken to the core too but he didn't have time to mourn for his ex - wife's death because of his son. He knew that his son needs him more than anything right now. His son had broken down into thousand pieces, while Charlie was left to collect the pieces.

A shook on his shoulder, made the boy to look at his father, Charlie " We will be there in 10 minutes. " He informed the boy, hoping for a verbal response but instead he got a nod.

Charlie sighed heavily, " Dylan, please try to indulge more in a verbal conversation. " He pleaded to his son.

His son looked at him, taking off his headphones and putting them in his lap  with an uninterested look he said, " why would I do something which I don't want to. "

There was no point in arguing and Charlie knew that he couldn't force Dylan to do something against his wish, it would be a waste of efforts.

Dylan was close to his mother and once his parents split up, he stayed with his mother and after her death, he had to move in with his father.

Dylan put the headphones back on, looked out of the window, he saw the same black and white coloured world. His mother's death took all the colors away from his life.

Will he ever be able to get them back?

After 10 minutes he saw the sign stating welcome to Forks, he saw as the buildings were passing, the people of the small town were curiously looking as the car passes by their houses.

It was rare to see new faces in this  small town, so it was curious subject for them. Charlie parked his car into the driveway of an old house. The rain had stopped now.

The moment Dylan stepped out of the car and saw the house, old memories rushed back into his head. All those memories of Dylan and his mother spending time,  events filled with laughter, the house always had a welcoming feeling but this time it was cold, devoid of that happiness.

Charlie unlocked the door while he just stood outside looking at his old house. " C'mon Dylan. " Charlie called for his son. Dylan nodded, picking up his luggage from the car and putting it inside his  house.

Upon entering the hall, he looked around the house and saw how much it had changed ever since they left. The colours on the wall were darker and the house seems to be more dark.

He roamed the house, while Charlie got the rest of the stuff from his car. Dylan stepped into his room, well old room it was smaller than he thought and the view wasn't as appealing as it was before.

He kept on staring at the woods for long before Charlie stepped into his room and shook him to get his attention.

" Dylan, I've been calling you for like 10 minutes. " He said and Dylan had no idea when did that happen.

" Sorry. " That's all what he said. " C'mon now, I've ordered some pizza. " Charlie said and Dylan followed him downstairs.

The dinner was silent, now matter how much Charlie tried to start a conversation, Dylan always ends the conversation with either a word or a sentence.

" Do you want me to help with your stuff? " He asked. Dylan denied," No, I'll do it by myself. "

" Also, I had enrolled you into the local highschool and you can start from tomorrow. But if you need some time, I totally understand that too. " Charlie informed him about his new school. He desperately waited for an answer.

To Charlie's suprise , " I think I'll join from  tomorrow " he answered. " Okay. " Charlie replied while Dylan stood up since he was done eating his dinner, he went upstairs to his room.

He started putting some clothes while leaving the rest to be arranged tomorrow. He layed down on his bed, staring at the ceiling , thinking how things went to sh*t.

He didn't even knew when he fell asleep. Charlie opened the door to check on his son, he saw how his legs were on the floor while his upper body on the bed.

He carefully, not waking him up, placed him on the bed, he took off his shoes and covered him in duvet so that he won't be cold in the night.

He lean onto him, to kis him in the forehead. He stood up and went outside of his room, after making sure he was properly tucked in his bed like a kid.

Charlie went downstairs, opened a bottle of beer and began to drink it. He thought to himself, how much his son had changed.

How a chatter box is now a silent tape. He thought to himself how can he possible bring back the older Dylan back when he had made a shell around him which was hard to penetrate.

This was paining Charlie, he couldn't bare to see his son like that. It was just too much for him. But he had to it, he's the parent, it's his job to love and take care of his kid.

Next morning,

Dylan woke up, hot ready and went downstairs, he had an oversized hoodie on him with a pair of skinny jeans and he was excited for his so called new high school. Note the sarcasm.

" Morning " Charlie greeted him. " Morning " he replied, he took a seat next to his father. His father placed a plate filled with some toasts and scrambled eggs infront of him. He ate in silence.

Once he was done, Charlie wore his uniform and his badge, since he's the chief of police in Forks. Charlie took Dylan to his school. Dylan wanted to refuse but he didn't want to argue with his father.

Charlie's car was outside the school, Dylan went outside with his headphones on, he could see all eyes on him like he was an alien, he didn't paid much attention to them.

He went to reception for his schedule and once he got that, he noticed that his first period was History. Boring!

He huffed at that and went for his class, he opened the door and got everyone's eyes on him. He rolled his eyes and took the last seat since it was empty.

He was playing with his pen, until he saw a gorgeous man, a man in colour for the first time in a while.

" My name is Jasper Hale and I will be teaching you history.......... "

——————————————————

Hello everyone,

The first chapter of my fanatic, what do you think about it?

How's Dylan's character according to you?

What will happen next?

Vote.
Comment.
Follow.