Chapter 1

Y/n's POV

   Over the past 3 years I've worked with the most brilliant screen writers to walk the earth. Being in the film business, you meet a lot of interesting people. I have directed 4 movies in my career and I want to try something new. Three months ago I decided to write my own film. There isn't much time to work on the script, when I'm constantly getting asked to Co-Direct other movies. 

I owe all my success in life to my mentor. Stan Lee. He is the most creative person I've ever met. He brought me in as a co-director to work alongside him while filming 'Captain America: Winter Soldier'. He let me put a lot of my own input in the film. During fight scenes I got to show the cast and staff crew what I thought it should look like. Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson took my every word and made my imagination, reality. After filing my first Film Attention Wall Street, I had made a name for myself and everyone was looking for an excuse to work with me. That movie earned Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Screenplay all in the same year.

The hardest part about directing for me is finding a cast. The cast director does their job but at the end of the day the final say comes down to the film Director. For a film you want someone who can bring attention to your movie. But also someone who isn't letting fame get to their heads. I can't stand people who talk about themselves. Most leads get so caught up in the popularity they begin to think that they are better than others. I've emailed about seven different  studios for the funding of my movie and none have responded. That's another thing I struggle with. Patients. 

Since this is my first time writing a film, I have been working very closely with Maxine Weston. She has written many films but the majority of them haven't seen the light of day. Last year we worked on Will The Wind Blow, a script she wrote and we found each other's company bearable. The film was by far amazing. We had Sarah Paulson and Aubrey Plaza, two amazing actresses as our leads and they were perfect.

I'm forced out of my thoughts as I hear Max walk in. I turn my attention to her and she is nose deep in a screenplay. I sent her out for a break to get food and drinks. Around her arm is a bag from the street's corner store. "So don't be mad but I'm making changes to the rain scene. It is way too sappy to film." She says tossing me the bag. She knows best so I just reply with a head nod. She hands me the edited draft and I see the page is pretty much a bunch of red scribbles. I'm slightly disappointed, she doesn't like what I wrote but I understand she knows what the audience will want to see and what they won't.

"I already started getting the word out about our script. A few people come to mind for the lead." Max says without meeting my gaze. I set the paper down and slide my hands through my hair. "Is that the best idea? We don't even have the funding or a finished draft." I say. She turns to me as if I had just said the stupidest thing anyone could have ever said. "Y/n, who do you think you are? an amateur? Last year studios were begging to fund your film, high paying actresses were trampling each other to get the lead and screen writers were lined up at your door just to get the chance to be a part of your movie." Max says. I roll my eyes. "You're being dramatic." I state. She leans against her desk, that I set up for her weeks ago, and crosses her arms.

"That is literally in the job description, just like being picky is in yours." Max says. "I am not picky." I mumble. "You know I'm pretty sure I saw Margot Robbie and Amanda Bynes throw fist in the studio parking lot of Mystery of the Crooked Coffin." Max says, causing me to laugh. "That did not happen." I said. Before she can defend herself my phone rings. I lifted a few papers in search of it. When I finally find it I see a familiar name on the screen.

(It's kinda short but if I've learned anything about my first story, it's that you don't want to rush or add too much detail.)
(Vote if you're feeling it)
(Hope the rest of Your day is amazing!)
(went back and fixed the spelling! In the future literally call me out on this, so I can go and fix it.