Ch.7: I Have To Live With That.

It's been a while, few weeks or so

Our project did way too well but we haven't talked much ever since. He's not sitting next to me anymore, either— there's no need for it. And I don't stick around after school, I never did. Why would I start now?

Yeah, okay. I leave faster now, I guess. It's better this way— he's not pissing me off so I don't have to tell him to stop. There are things about him I still hate, though. But those are...new.

Like I kinda hate his hair now. Especially when he comes to class right after showering and it's not wet nor dry, just sort of...soft— it's annoying. I kinda hate it when I catch him looking at me across the classroom, and that yellow hoodie he always wears, because it makes me think there's too much room for hands underneath and what kind of fresh hell is that thought living in my head rent-free?

I hate it when we bump against each other because there's no need to stroke my arm to say that you're sorry. There's really no need to ask if I want a drink from your water when I clearly have my own, and I really hate that I keep saying yes.

It's Friday and mom isn't home tonight.

I wasn't grounded and we haven't talked much since then, either. Not that I mind— I wouldn't know what to say. I mean... Should I apologize? Fuck no. Should she? Sure, but she can't see it. I get angry and all, but... I know. She wants to believe that things are different, right? I don't know how much I can actually blame her for that.

Sometimes I even get it. I'm sure it's easier to be...blind. Safer, maybe. And honestly convincing yourself that things don't totally suck? That's a skill I'd like to have myself.

Chloe's about to leave and is still her insufferable self, but she knocks on my door now.

Ever since yesterday.

Beggin' by Måneskin (Cover)

WARNING: The upcoming scene includes a slight, non-explicit form of molestation involving a small, side character. If this may trigger you, please message me and I'll let you know what the scene is about so you can continue reading without the plot hole.