ONE.

"Woah, Ari, your house is amazing," 18-year-old Yunho exclaimed, looking around the expensive house full of priceless items. He had been invited over to his new best friends house to hang out.

"I know right. My parents always work, so they can afford this massive fuck of a mansion."

 The young girl gestured to the large modern interior, "Hey, come on, let's go to my room," she nodded her head in the direction down a hall then smiled to herself, "Last one to my room has to tell a secret!" 

She ran off ahead, Yunho calling out after her as he ran behind her, "Hey! That's not fair! I don't even know where your room is!" Ari let out an evil laugh and kept running until she was safe in her room, triumphant with a sulking Yunho.

"That's not fair." He crossed his arms and sulked while Ari ran into her large room, laughing.

"Aw Yu! Sulking is for babies!" She teased and Yunho stuck out his tongue at her. "Now, come on, tell me a deep, dark, juicy secret of yours," she teased Yunho who huffed, but eventually caved in and told her a "deep, dark, juicy secret of his."

-

"Woah, what's this?" 

Yunho looked at the dusty family photo that was kept in the attic, blowing off some dust to get a better look. He was now 20, rummaging though the old attic of Ari's house.

His best friend walked over and took a look at the photo, a frown making it's way on her face.

"Who's this? I've never seen him in any other photo." Yunho pointed to the young boy, same age as Ari, in the photo, standing beside her with their parents behind them. They had to be young, 8 years old at least.

"That's... he's my brother." She said, her tone so soft that Yunho would've missed it if he wasn't already waiting for the answer.

"Your brother?" Yunho's eyes were wide. Ari never mentioned anything about a brother, neither did he parents, had he passed away? Why wasn't the boy in any other family photos?

"Yeah, twin brother actually..." She chuckled softly, as if she wasn't telling her best friend something important.

"What happened?" Yunho made sure not to overstep, ready to take back the question of whenever Ari showed any signs of not wanting to answer, but to Yunho's surprise, she smiled and opened up about her brother.

"When he was in high school, my brother was failing his classes, sleeping around... doing a bunch of shit he shouldn't have," she paused and moved to take a seat on the floor which was surprisingly clean. Yunho followed her actions and sat across from her, "My parents weren't too happy about it... so they sent him away."

"Sent him away?" Yunho asked softly, not wanting to talk about anything that Ari was hesitant about.

"To an all-boys boarding school. Said that there he'd learn to be a proper gentleman and not be focused on girls anymore." She laughed softly, as if trying to hide her hurt.

"I'm so sorry," Yunho pulled Ari into a hug as tears began to flow down her face.

That was the last time he was mentioned.

Until now.

Yunho rolled in his bed, throwing his hands around to try and find his phone ringing on the bedside table, too lazy to open his eyes. He quickly accepted the call, not paying attention to who it was.

"Hello?"

"Yunho! You won't believe it!" The sound of his best friend on the other side of the phone near shouting made him sit up slowly.

"What?"

"He's coming back!" Yunho was confused by the vague sentence and hoped she didn't mean her disgusting ex that flew to a different country, Yunho would have to slap some sense into her if that what she's talking about.

"Who,"

"Mingi!" Yunho blinked, what? Who the fuck...

"Mingi...?"

"My brother!"

"Oh," was all Yunho could say. It's not like he had known, let alone met him before, so what was he supposed to say?

"I know! I'm so happy! I can't wait for you two to finally meet!" She exclaimed, the cheer in her tone evident.

"Oh yeah, when is that?" Yunho just hoped it wasn't-

"Tomorrow!"

Well. Shit.

"What time...?" Yunho was trying his best not to have to cancel any plans, but it seemed that wasn't going to be the case.

"Shit, you have your date tomorrow, don't you? It's okay you don't have to come if you can't," Her excitement toned down and Yunho immediately reassured her, wanting to hear her happy tone once more, "No, no it's okay! I'll go with you, I'll... figure something out!"

He could practically see the smile on her face with her next words, "Okay! Great! I'll pick you up from university tomorrow at 10 okay?"

"Okay," she confirmed the time and date, then hung up with a quick goodbye while Yunho feel back down on his bed. He checked the time and his alarm wouldn't go off until another two hours. He was awake now, no going back to sleep, so he simply decided to cancel the plans he had the next day.

He opened his messages with the boy who had asked him out and sent a quick text saying he had to cancel the date due to family issues before putting his phone back down on his night stand with a huff.

He was looking forward to that date, the boy seemed sweet and kind, Yunho liked him. But, his best friend was so happy, and if anyone knows anything about dating and having a best friend: best friends come first.

He decided to start the day early, as he couldn't fall back to sleep, so he showered and got ready for the day before his alarms went off. He put on a simple outfit that consisted of jeans, a white, oversized wool sweater with a dress shirt underneath, the collar poking out.

He grabbed his bag, phone, and keys before leaving his dorm and heading down multiple hallways until he reached his car. He drove around until he reached one of his favorite cafés, a rare occasion for him because of the distance.

He grabbed an iced coffee and quick breakfast, and got back in his car, indulging in his food there in peace until he finished, and it was time for class.

The day was long, too long, and he dreaded having to go through another one until he remembered tomorrow was the weekend. Oh, the sweet weekend.

A sweet weekend full of meeting his best friends brother.

He groaned and feel onto his bed. He wanted nothing more than to enjoy the day sleeping, lying around his own dorm all day. Alone.

But a part of him was excited to meet Mingi. It's a new person and a person that means a lot to Ari, it's important they know each other, at the least tolerate each other. Though, Yunho couldn't help but think about how Mingi may hate him, and it'll totally mess up Yunho's friendship with Ari.

I guess he'll find out tomorrow. 

-

[A/N: it's a long chapter i'm sorry 😭but like i said in the previous chapter, i just wanna know if anyone will read this, or want to read it]