One | Guili Plains

A/N: Since Genshin never made officially announced which Yaksha was who, I'm just going to assume that Menogias is pyro, Bosacius is electro, Bonanus is hydro, and Indarius is geo. If Mihoyo ever releases more information about them, I'll probably update their names, lol. Also, if you liked the chapter, please consider voting or commenting! It helps a lot. Thanks!

Rex Lapis led the two new Yakshas down the steep mountain. Alatus, whose name had been just recently changed to Xiao, followed closely behind the half dragon.

"Xiao! Wait up!" [Y/N] struggled to keep up with the two. She had already climbed up the Dragonspine mountain and was now descending it. Not to mention how her sister basically chased her at least half the way. Shivering, she tried to run over to Xiao, but couldn't even feel half of her feet. Sadly, it was something that came with being a pyro user, who was always used to heat. "Ah!" She slipped, ending up on the ground a second later.

"Hmm, [Y/N]'s your name, right?" Xiao politely reached his hand out to her. "Let's be friends."

[Y/N] stood, fazed. What is he? A five year old on a playground? [Y/N] shook her head and took Xiao's hand. Well, I mean, if he actually has never had any contact with other humans, then it's probably expected from him to not know how we do things. I must admit, it's kind of cute.

They continued down the mountain, snow hitting their faces and blocking their sight. Xiao kept hold of [Y/N]'s hand so that she wouldn't fall behind again. [Y/N] slowly trudged behind him, legs refusing to move. "A-achoo!" [Y/N] sneezed, her body unable to handle the cold.

    Rex Lapis turned around. "Are you cold? Perhaps you would like to borrow my cloak? I'll be fine without it."

    "No, I'm fi— choo! Fine." The girl sneezed again, interrupting her own sentence. "A... a...a- Achoo!" She sniffed, before giving in and taking Rex Lapis's jacket.

    The three made their way down the freezing mountain in silence, the only sounds that could be heard being the soft crunch of feet on snow.

    Before nightfall, they had managed to arrive at Mingyun Village. [Y/N] gave Rex Lapis back his cloak, and he had instructed them to follow him closely, as to not get lost. "Follow close," he had said. "It's getting quite dark, but we'll make it back to Guizhong and the others soon." Rex Lapis then explained about the many other Yakshas, including the four who lead them. "You two will lead with them."

    Soon enough, they arrived at Guili plains to be greeted by the sight of a glowing mask, and a female who wore the mask. The red eyes, or what seemed to be the eyes, of the mask glowed, lighting up the dark atmosphere. [Y/N] looked over at Rex Lapis expectingly.

    "Rex Lapis!" the girl ran over to him, taking off her mask. "Mind introducing them to me?"

    "[Y/N], Alatus, this is Menogias, one of the four leading Yakshas. Menogias, this is Alatus, but calling him Xiao is fine." Rex Lapis then pointed towards the other pyro user. "This is [Y/N]. She also uses pyro, so I think it would be a good idea if you two trained together."

"Hehe! Nice to meet you, [Y/N]!" Menogias held her hand out [Y/N], a visible smile on her face. "I'll help introduce you to our home!"

Menogias dragged [Y/N], excited to show her around the underground structure Rex Lapis and Guizhong had created. They arrived at a complicated mechanism, waiting for Rex Lapis to activate it. Going inside, Menogias seemed pretty excited to give [Y/N] a tour. "Ehehe, here! Rex Lapis gave us these beds. Aren't they so soft~?" She said, happily jumping onto hers. "Guizhong and Rex Lapis act almost like our parents. I especially like listening to Guizhong's singing before I sleep." Menogias laughed, a lighthearted sound leaving her lips as she grinned at [Y/N]. "I know, I know, Yakshas don't need sleep. But still, it's nice, and we have such good beds~."

    "Eh? Do the others not sleep?" [Y/N] was confused, coming from a household that still treated sleep like a normal thing, even though they were immortal. The only reason why she and Baal had stopped sleeping was due to the Archon War, and them not being able to sleep since the enemies would attack them constantly, leaving them no time for rest.

    Menogias's face looked perplexed with a hint of a smile. "You do? Everyone else here thinks that sleep is useless. Ahh, finally someone who agrees with me. If the other friend of yours, y'know, the one with the turquoise highlights in his hair, agrees with us, we might just be able to win! Ehe, maybe everyone will sleep!"

    [Y/N] blinked. "They don't sleep? Don't they get tired?"

    This time, Menogias was the one who was surprised. "Tired? I thought you were immortal. Eh, maybe it's just a habit. Maybe you got so used to sleeping that your body tells you to sleep at a certain time. Welp, I guess if that's the case, then we can begin training today by staying awake for a few weeks!"

    "No, no, I don't need sleep. But it's just kind of... instinctual? Except that instinct is pretty useless."

    "Haha, then let's get rid of it. Useless instincts are useless, after all."

"B-but I've already—"

"No 'but's, your training starts now!"

Menogias led [Y/N] through the complicated underground maze, eventually ending up at a large cave.

"Hey everyone!" Menogias's cheerful tone echoed through the complex system. "Ah hi, umm... uhhh... boy who uses anemo."

Six other people were in the room, dimly lit with candles. From what Menogias had told you, the two men were called Bosacius and Indarius, who were users of electro and geo, respectively. The tall, mysterious, and cryo wielding young adult was named Bonanus, who was currently leaning against the stone wall. Guizhong and Rex Lapis sat in a corner, deep in their discussion.

Bonanus spoke up. "Seriously? 'Boy who uses anemo'? Not the thing where you forget our names again. His name's Alatus, not 'boy who uses anemo'. It's just one name, can't be that bad after memorizing ours. Unless, of course, you've forgotten ours too."

"Uhh. Your name is... uhh... ahhh, forget it, just ask [Y/N]. I just told her a few minutes ago." Menogias frantically looked at [Y/N].

"What?! How can you remember a total stranger's name while forgetting ours? What kind of memory do you even have?" Bosacius frowned at the pyro wielder.

"I... hehe..." Menogias said, fidgeting with the hem of her outfit.

Indarius just shook his head, returning his attention to Xiao.

    "Ah. Menogias. [Y/N]. You're here." Rex Lapis turned his face to look at the two pyro Yakshas.

"Hi!" Menogias didn't even bother to try and recall Rex Lapis's name. "Are we starting training? Can I train her first? Oh and uhh... Atalus! Do you like sleeping?"

Xiao spoke up, not minding how the previously mentioned Yaksha had gotten his name wrong. "Sleep? Sleep is a waste of time. But I suppose if it makes you happy, then go ahead."

"Argh! Does that mean you like sleep or not? Everyone already knows that it's a waste of time! I just wanna know if you enjoy sleeping or not!"

Indarius shook his head once again. "Even if he does like sleep, you still can't make us do the same."

"Haha, everyone seems to be in a quite energetic mood. Bonanus, Indarius. You two, please carry out your normal tasks. Bosacius and Menogias, please stay and help train these two."

Menogias smiled. "Alright! Training begins... now!"