Two | Training

"Whaaat?!?" [Y/N] shouted, a clear look of surprise on her face. "How is throwing us the most difficult tasks called 'training'? Isn't training supposed to make us better and more prepared for the difficult stuff? We'll die before even the first day!"

Guizhong's soft voice was as soothing as ever. "It'll be fine, dear. Menogias and Bosacius are quite strong. Even though Menogias acts like a child sometimes, it's best to not underestimate her."

    Xiao nodded his head. "I'll protect you, don't worry."

    "Thanks, but— aren't you guys just calling me weak now?"

Bosacius grinned. "If you think that this is difficult, then you must not be able to fight."

"Hey! That's not fair..." [Y/N] frowned and made a hmph sound. "I'm not weak. Rex Lapis said it himself. He said that only the strongest were privileged with leading the Yakshas."

"Rex Lapis? Isn't that a bit too long for a name? His real name is Morax. Don't you think that the reason he didn't tell you about his real name is how you're weaker than us?"

[Y/N] growled, trying to keep her cool. "Why can't you stop being the most self-centered person ever and stop lazying before I beat you?!?"

"[Y/N] isn't weak. You just haven't seen her fight yet. I'm sure that she'll exceed you one day." Xiao reinforced [Y/N] argument.

"Haha, that's right, Xiao! Be careful, Bosacius! Me and [Y/N] are gunna beat you together!" Menogias excitedly shouted. It seemed that it wasn't the first time Bosacius had called someone weak.

    "Ha, you wish."

    "So, shall we get going?" Rex Lapis, or what she had recently learned was called Morax, walked through the entrance with his spear in hand. He walked towards Guizhong, taking from her a cup of osmanthus wine. He drank a small sip, walking back to the hole.

    "Mhm!" Menogias ran over to Morax, grabbing her weapon, a red-bladed sword.

The electro Yaksha rolled his eyes at Menogias's excitement, grabbing his heavy claymore and also making his way towards Morax.

Standing at the door, [Y/N] picked up her [W/C], also walking towards the exit. "Uh, Miss Guizhong—"

Guizhong smiled. "Just Guizhong is fine."

"Um, Guizhong, are you going to be coming with us?"

"Sadly, we can not accompany you on your journey today." Rex Lapis responded instead of Guizhong.

"We'll be handling the ballista I've created. We can shoot arrows at the enemies without actually having to fight them."

"Eh? That's nice." [Y/N] walked out of the hole.

"Stay safe! You better make it back!", Menogias half-threatened.

"Same with you four. You all should keep an eye out for dangers on the way. Thanks again for helping out." Guizhong stood up.

This time, it was Bosacius talking. Surprisingly, he wasn't being disrespectful, like he was with the two pyro Yakshas. "No need to thank us. You're helping us more than we are you."

They departed, navigating once again through the underground passages and splitting at the surface.

    Morax and Guizhong arrived at the Guizhong Ballista, which was named after its creator. Guizhong quickly climbed up the ladders to the top of the structure, booting up the ballista. Rex Lapis stayed at the ground, guarding the area of any monsters or enemies. Rex Lapis stood, alert, spear in hand, ready to defend Guizhong.

    Xiao, [Y/N], Menogias, and Bosacius were all as equally tense as Morax as they explored the unknown area, unaware yet prepared of the lurking dangers. They knew that this was a potential threat to their life, but each and every one of the four had already given up on living a normal life. They had a debt towards Morax, and they were insistent on paying it back.

    Bam! The ground beneath them cracked open, the two more experienced Yakshas quickly hopping away. [Y/N] had no way of knowing how to escape the caving ground directly below her.

    Luckily, Xiao, as one could've guessed his name, was extremely quick. He grabbed onto [Y/N], hands encircling her.

    [Y/N], being a normal person, blushed due to the close contact. "Uh— eh— I— aaahh!" She hid her redness behind her hands.

    "Are you... okay?" Xiao looked confusingly towards [Y/N]. He had little to no contact with people other than the god who used to control him, so he had no way of knowing that the reason [Y/N] was doing all these things was because she was embarrassed. "You're not hurt, right? I'm sorry if I hurt you."

    "Hurt me? No, I'm fine." [Y/N] recollected herself, sighing at herself for being so easily embarrassed from contact with another person.

    "Hmm," Xiao hummed in a relaxed way, walking over to examine the giant hole in the peacefully growing grass. Menogias and Bosacius had both already recovered and were both currently checking out what had happened.

    "Woah, what happened here?!?" Menogias's figure was barely seeable through the thick layer of dust.

    Bosacius was closer to [Y/N] and Xiao than Menogias, yet was still blurred by the heavy layer of dust floating in the air. "Doesn't seem natural to me. Looks like it was either a trap or there's—"

    Unable to finish his sentence, the ground opened up yet again, this time, dragging Bosacius down.

    Menogias looked down into the newly formed hole. "Hey! You bastard, wait for us!" She looked over at the pair, smiling, before jumping down. "See ya later, slowpokes!"

    [Y/N] smiled and shook her head. "Let's go, Xiao. We can protect each other."

    Like back in Dragonspine, she took his hand, leading both of them down the seemingly endless fall. A few seconds later, they finally reached the end of their fall, crashing onto each other.

    "Ah, sorry. I hope you weren't hurt by me. Hopefully, I'm not that heavy yet." [Y/N] got off of Xiao.

    "Hmm, you're quite light to me. Don't worry about it."

    The two walked cautiously to a dead end.

    "Ahh, dead end. Where'd those two go?", [Y/N] complained.

    "Let's head the other way then."

    Xiao was barely able to finish his sentence and begin walking to the earlier made exit when the dirt, for a third time created a hole. This time, it blasted [Y/N] away a few feet, her skidding a few more feet before finally stopping.