The Premier

Shaylee

"The Spider-Man premier is coming up and I'm allowed to bring you guys," Tom announced as he came in

"The Spider-Man premier is coming up and I'm allowed to bring you guys," Tom announced as he came in."That's amazing we have to get plane tickets for everyone!" Paddy yelled. "Even me?" I asked hopefully. "Only 5 extra tickets," Tom said nonchalantly. Remember that phase where he was going to be a good brother for once? It didn't even last a week.

"Oh I'm so proud of you honey," Mum gushed. "Oh Mum we got our reports back, I got an 87 and Shaylee got a 90," Paddy said. "Only a 90, could you be more dumb?" Dad asked. "I got higher than him and it was a really hard project," I argued. "All I hear are excuses, Paddy worked hard on his grades now why didn't you?" Mum asked. I looked down at my feet. "Get outta here your stupidity is stinking up the place," Dad said dismissively. "Oh Paddy great job on your report dear!" Mum praised. "An 87, we have one smart child here," Dad said.

I rolled my eyes and went to my room. Even if I get better grades I'm still nothing compared to Paddy or Tom or even the twins. It's no wonder they kept me in this attic with a lock on the door.

"They didn't mean that you know," Paddy said. "How do you call someone dumb and not mean it?" I asked. "So they called you a few names, all family does that," he tried. "Not parents, parents are supposed to be there for you no matter what," I said. "But-" "Please don't lighten the mood, it's not going to work," I said.

Paddy sighed and sat with me. "If it helps I won't go to the premier," he said. "Why on earth would I want that?" I asked incredulously. "It won't be fun without you," he said. "That's a lie," I said. "So what?" He asked. "Go to the premier without me, I don't want to watch it anyways," I assured him. He's always wanted to go to to a premier so I'm not going to be the reason he doesn't. "Now get packing," I ordered, pushing him out the room.

After sitting and sulking for what felt like ages, but was probably only 5 minutes, I decided to get dressed. I wasn't about to let my rotten brother spoil my day. Tom could have his stupid premier, at least I'd get a week to myself. That has to count for something.

I was cut off from my thoughts by a call from Arya. Finally, now I have a distraction! Because there was nothing better to distract you from your own problems then tackling the problems of your friends. Plus even if it wasn't a problem it could hopefully be an excuse to leave this hell of a house. Which would be very welcome right now. On top of that Arya always has been and always will be my first best friend, so rekindling our relationship is important to me.

The only problem was my phone was all the way on the other side of the room. "Ah what the hell, she would do it for you," I muttered, forcing myself off my bed. "Let's answer my phone," I said.

A/N: Wow finally I'm posting a real chapter! Not gonna lie, I was definitely procrastinating this so sorry. Also I was at camp so I couldn't finish it sooner. Love y'all, I'll try and update faster!