Suspended

~Shaylee~

"This behavior is unacceptable, it won't be tolerated at my school!" the Headmaster Smith shouted

"This behavior is unacceptable, it won't be tolerated at my school!" the Headmaster Smith shouted. I was late one time! "I'm sorry, I swear I am," I apologized. "Oh I know you are or you will be after your return," he laughed as he dragged me to his office. Suspension? For one tardy?! He has to be joking.

"Suspension?" I asked, "but, Headmaster, it was only one tardy, surely that doesn't warrant a suspension," I giggled nervously. "Incase you forgot, I was left specific instructions from your parents to punish you however I see fit, you're lucky it's just a suspension and not the paddle," he growled. I'd rather the paddle..., it's a lot better than what I'm gonna at home.

"Just do us both a favor and stay put while we wait for your parents," he sighed. I forced myself not to look scared, the scary part comes later. It was hard not to be when I saw Mother, Father, and Tom. Here we go. "What'd she do now?" Father asked, a glare planted on his face as Headmaster Smith slid them the paper.

"Tardiness?!" Mother screeched, "my apologies Headmaster, I assure you this will never happen again," Mother promised. "I know it won't because she's suspended for a week," he told them. "A week?!" I asked, "that's far too long for a single tardy!" "A single tardy, several disruptive behaviors, excessive cellphone use during class, and don't even get me started on the wardrobe issues," he lists. I scoffed in disbelief earning myself a smack on the shoulder.

•••

"I didn't do anything, you know I didn't do anything," I argued as I was dragged to my room. "Give me the phone," Mother hissed. I shook my head defiantly, "I've done nothing wrong." She slapped me in the face. "You know what, we don't need your stupid phone, keep it," Father smirked, "we have plenty other ways of making you sorry."

With that they forced me in the room and stomped out of the attic. I rolled my eyes as I ignored the sound of them drilling the attic entrance shut. Next they would surely close the secret entrance too, leaving me alone and hungry for the next week. Wouldn't be the first time.

I stared boredly at the tapestry on my wall. God I wish I could run away sometimes. I heard purring from Lulu's cage. At least I still have Lulu. "Ello Lue love," I cooed lifting her out of her cage. I frowned as I checked her food supply. Great. Just fucking perfect. "Looks like this week might be a bit slim for us, huh," I said, "that's okay, we'll do it together, like a team." I continued to talk to her and pet her in an effort to ignore the lack of food in my stomach.

•••

"Offgh!" What the hell was that?! "That kinda hurt," it moaned. "Tom?" I asked, "what the fuck are you doing here?" "Making sure you don't starve," he said coming in and placing a plate of pasta on a large box. I raised an eyebrow at him. What's his game?

"Don't give me that look, do you wanna eat or not?" He asked. "Depends," I shrugged, "why are you doing this?" He sighed, "I told you I wanted to be a good brother, I meant it," he told me. He's very sporadic with his "good brother" phases.

Tom took out two forks and started eating. "Are you really going to make your favorite brother eat alone?" He asked. "What you?" I scoffed, "As if!" "Well if it's not me, who is it?" He asked. "Paddy, then the twins, you're last," I told him. "Why?" He asked. I sighed taking a bite of the pasta, it wasn't half bad. "Paddy's the nicest, Sam and Harry are toe rags, but at least I know what I'm getting, you're just odd and confusing," I shrugged. "Way to be blunt, Shay," he laughed. Really confusing...

"You know, usually these punishments are more isolated," I point out. My parents are big on the solitary confinement thing. They find some sick pleasure in leaving me isolated for long periods of time. "Well you did nothing wrong, so you don't need a punishment," he told me. "Whatever," I mumbled.

The rest of our meal was filled with awkward conversation until Tom eventually left. God that was weird. I took out my phone and decided to scroll through Instagram or plan a YouTube video. I might as well do something productive. I smirked. Maybe I'll ask Twitter for video ideas? Nah. I'll look like a brat if I do that. I shook my head, that wouldn't do well. I'll think of something.

I took out my notebook to think of things I could do while in here. The list wasn't very long. In fact, it only consisted of a few things.

Things I Can Do
1. Make a YouTube video
2. Go live
3. Make a post
4. Do homework

I frowned at my list. Well they're not the worst ideas in the world. The main problem was I couldn't be too loud or my parents would come in and shut everything down. I flopped onto my bed decided I'd knock out some of my school work before going to sleep early. It's not like I have much else to do.