Chapter 5: Trouble

Three months had pass since Damian's arrival and the babe was developing quite the stubborn personality. He demanded to be held pretty much every moment of the day especially by his father. If Bruce was even remotely in the room Damian would yell out Papa a word he had learned to say rather recently.

Damian had also become quite the troublemaker since he started crawling. He got into weapons, pulled down expensive items, and nearly pulled things down on himself. Needless to say Bruce had a heart attack several times every day.

But back on the Papa thing you see while Damian knew his father was he didn't learn who Batman was yet. He hadn't seen any of these things because he always went to bed before they left so he had no idea but that was soon going to change.

Alfred was off in England for a week to see his family so Bruce and the boys were on their own. He had left a whole weeks worth of meals for them luckily because none of them could cook to save their lives. This also meant that they had to split up the responsibilities of Damian. Bruce was mainly in charge of them but the others had a few things. Dick would get him up in the morning since he was always up the earliest and change him then feed him breakfast. Tim would play with him in the afternoons while Bruce had work things both company and Bat related things. Then lastly Jason would bath him and put him to bed though many times Bruce would steal him and put him to bed himself.

Though this time Jason would get to actually finish his job and would end up being the reason Damian found out about the Bat business.

"Alright let's get you all dried off."

Jason gently dried the wet baby off making sure not to be to rough with Damian. He then went to dress him putting him in his favorite red sleeper. Just as Jason was about to put him in his crib he was called.

"Jason could you help move this it's really heavy?" Tim yelled from downstairs.

Jason being as dim as he could be at times figured he'd be back soon so he left Damian on the floor instead of placing him in his crib. Jason typically dress Damian on the floor feeling using the changing table was unnecessary since he wasn't changing a dirty diaper.

After he left and helped Tim out, he had forgotten he left Damian all along on the floor.

Damian waited and waited but realized that Jason wasn't coming back so he had to find someone himself. He got off his padded butt and started to crawl out the door stubbornly determined to find someone to put him in his crib.

He went up and down all the halls and then came to the stairs. Needless to say if Bruce was present he would had his fifth heart attack of the day. Damian turned around and went down the stairs backwards. He nearly slipped several times on the carpeted stairs but managed to get to the bottom safely.

He then looked around until he got to the library listening for anyone. Damian heard far away voices coming from one of the walls causing him to crawl towards it. He looked at the books in front of him unable to read them but entertained by the colorfulness and gold letters. You would think this would be innocent and harmless because he too short let alone could he stand to get to the book that opens the secret elevator entrance they had with their stairs. Well unbeknownst to Bruce Alfred set in a place to push with your foot whenever he had to bring a lot of food or other things to Bruce on late nights.

As Damian went all along the line of books he eventually got to the foot switch accidentally pressing it. Much they o the shock of Damian they opened up revealing an elevator. Curious Damian crawled in causing it to automatically close and go down. After the elevator got to the Batcave it opened up to Bruce briefing Nightwing, Robin, and Red Hood on the details of the night having yet another super villain escape.