Chapter 10: Together

They had Damian on a small medical bed placed between two large fluffy pillows to keep him steady. He was breathing but hadn't opened his eyes since they found him. He had developed hypothermia from the long exposure to the cold and they were struggling to keep him warm.

Bruce was on the left his bed head in hands unable to think of life without his baby boy. Jason was on the right looking down wanting his baby brother to just open his tiny eyes. Dick was crying his eyes out he couldn't handle losing yet another family member. Tim was praying hard to every deity he could possibly think of.

Meanwhile Alfred though worried worked on a medicine to help his youngest charge,but making medicine for babies was difficult especially when it came to what was and how much was safe for their little bodies.

Many agonizing hours later Alfred finished the medicine to help Damian maintain his temperature. He kindly asked Bruce to hold Damian's little head so he could pour it into his mouth. After doing so they waited watching the small boy intensely. The silence soon became to intense and Jason had something he needed to say.

"I'm sorry Bruce." Jason said his voice cracking with grief.

"What?" Bruce asked, confused by his son's statement.

"I'm sorry for my stupidity I should have never done what I did today! And now because of me you might lose your son we might lose our brother and it's my fault." Jason said on the verge of tears.

"No don't blame yourself I shouldn't have said what I did. I pushed you away when I should have been instructive. Now because I did that and was prideful Dick followed you and nearly froze to death."

"No Bruce please it's all my fault I overreacted and tried to blame you for my mistakes."

"Jason I-"

"Pa..pa?" Damian asked weakly.

All their heads turned and looked at the weak and tired babe in front of them. They then out a sigh of relief came close to Damian everyone staring intently at him. Bruce unable to resist gathered his son in his arms holding him tightly as possible in his arms.

"Damian you're alright you're here." Bruce cooed and comforted his poor little baby.

But the little didn't seem phased by what had just occurred. Rather Damian looked around the room, looking at each brother individually.

"Ick." Damian called out to Dick.

"I'm here buddy." Dick said as he took the little boys tiny hand.

"Im" Dick signaled to Tim.

"Right here baby bat." Time said with a tearful smile as he kissed his brother's head.

Damian then looked particularly long and hard at Jason.

"Ason?" Damian called out once more.

"What it's it Damian?" Jason asked desperately, wanting every word to ensure how much he truly loved the sweet little baby.

"Why eavin?" Damian asked as tears leaked from his little green eyes.

Jason immediately froze reminded of his mistake that nearly killed his baby brother through the child's attempt at words. Guilt filled his soul and his heart broke, as the one child he'd ever sworn to protect looked at him with tears in his eyes.

"Well you see Damian your papa and I had a bit of an argument so I was mad and I left."

"No ike Papa, no ov me?" Damian sobbed as tears rained from his eyes.

Immediately Jason drained Damian from Bruce's arms and cradled the poor crying baby to his chest, now crying himself as well with heartbreak.

"No no no no no I could never not love you it's just sometimes adults can get into dumb little fights and bring others into it. I promise never to ever do that to you again! But please promise me you won't ever risk your life like that again Damian. We were all so worried and it would have made all of us very sad if we lost you." Jason begged the precious cargo in his arms.

Damian simply nodded and then hugged his big brother's neck tightly. Jason held and hugged Damian to him as well taking in the sweet cherubs affection whole heartedly. Eventually Jason returned Damian to to Bruce who cuddled into his father exhausted from the night's events. Everyone else was also exhausted so the decided they would all sleep together that night. Everyone got on the bed Tim at the foot, Bruce with Damian cradled in his arms in the center, Jason slept on the left, and Dick on the right. While squished all of them were quite comfortable where they were, and were unwilling to move in case their brother needed them.

An hour later Alfred came down and was amazed by the sight he saw. All the boys and their father sleeping together on the bed. He quickly got his camera and took a picture of the situation.

It had occurred to Alfred at that moment that Damian had become the glue of the family. They would have fallen apart like an old chair without him. Their family was made complete and they were to be eternally happy because of it.

The End