Chapter 9: Misunderstood.

[(Back at Barton's Farm, Missouri, USA)]

"We'll take Natasha and Clint" Steve said, putting his shield onto his back, not before gesturing to me and him.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can" Tony exclaimed as he fiddled with his watch.

"If Ultron is really building a body..." I trail out.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot" Tony turned to us as we stopped in the door way.

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me" Steve stated, I let out a chuckle which made him look at me as I did so.

Steve and I have barley talked since what happened the night before. One thing I hope is that he doesn't regret it, it would possibly break my heart, but you can't always get what you like or want in life. My confusing life.

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower. Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" Nick voice snapped me out of my mind.

"She's all yours, apparently" Tony teased, with a smirk on his face.

"What are you gonna do?" Steve asked Nick.

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope" Nick said, before making his way out the door of Clint's home.

Being here was a blessing, to be away from everything and to see Laura and the kids was amazing.

꧁꧂

Steve and I made our way onto the U-Gin Genetic Research Lab roof.

"Two minutes. Stay close" We quickly made our way inside, only to finds Dr.Cho on the ground, wounded.

"Dr. Cho!" I rushed over to her, sliding onto the floor.

"He's uploading himself into the body" Dr. Cho responded, as I healed her wound.

"Where?" Steve questioned from behind me.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark" Dr. Cho

"First we have to find it" I got up.

"Go" Dr. Cho told us as we ran away from her.

"Did you guys copy that?" Steve spoke over the Quinjet's comms.

"We did" Clint and Nats voice was heard.
"Got a private jet taking off, across town, no manifest. That could be him"

"There. It's a truck from the lab. Right above you, Cap, Laya. On the loop by the bridge. It's them. I got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver"  Clint stated.

"Negative! If that truck crashes, the gem could level the city. We need to draw out Ultron" Steve spoke, climbing up the ladder, leading us both to the roof.

"Steve! Wait!" I shouted out to him not fast enough as he jumps onto the roof of the truck.

"Great!.." I muttered to myself, jumping off the roof and onto a vehicle, speedily making my way towards where all the mayhem was happening.

Until, a pair of voices was heard that sounded slightly familiar.

Coming into view, It was the twins, who looked to be sacred, staring at the screen that showed all what was happening. They began to walk off in a direction and I had to follow them, they could still be on Ultron's team. But boy was I wrong.

꧁꧂

Soon the train appeared in front of me, as soon as I followed Wanda and Pietro, I knew from them talking, that they were going against Ultron, which was a risky move but they could take care of themselves I hope.

Moving inside, I spoke Steve and Ultron battling, but the robot suddenly stopped, as soon as he spots the twins. His eyes snapped to mine, instantly turning darker.

"Please. Don't do this" Ultron pleaded to them, as Steve tried to remove himself from Ultron's grip.

"What choice do we have?" Ultron's and Wanda blast each other, only for objects to go crashing through the windows.

Ultron flies off.

"F***" Steve turns to me, confused and he was about to respond his usual phrase, only for me to stop him.

"Language I know" I stare back to him, my eyes catch to broken window, only to notice where we were heading. Oh no...

"We lost him! He's headed your way!" I spoke into the earpiece towards Clint.

"Nat! Cap, you see Nat?" Clint voice was heard, but I wasn't listening as we were heading straight off track.

"If you have the package, get it to Stark! Go!" Steve shouted.

"Do you have eyes on Nat?" Clint repeated himself.

"Go!"

"Civilians are in our path" i tell Pietro, he speeds off;

"Can you stop this thing?" Steve asks Wanda, her eyes catch mine, she knew if she needed help I was here.

But she wanted to do this on her own and she did. Red mist spread under to train, taking it to a complete stop. From outside, the streets and houses were trashed as the train went straight into them.

After the train stopped, Wanda immediately goes over to an out of breath Pietro, who was leaning onto a wall.

"I'm fine. I just need to take a minute" Pietro whispered to his sister, but Steve and I heard.

"I'm very tempted not to give you one" Steve stated, us standing right behind them.

"Steve" I spoke to him, sternly. These kids were misunderstood stood, didn't know the right from the wrong.

"The Cradle, did you get it?" Wanda asked.

"Stark will take care of it" Steve exclaimed to her, but one thing I did know about the twins, was that they didn't like Tony. At all.

"No, he won't" Wanda's eyes stared at him.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Stark's not crazy"

"Eh, maybe sometimes..." I spoke from the sidelines, I heard Pietro chuckle.

"He will do anything to make things right" Wanda spoke back at him.

"Stark, come in. Stark. Anyone on comms?" What's he talking into to? He's earpiece is gone.

I blasted a robot as it came towards us.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it. Where do you think he gets that?" Wanda asked, turning to all of us.

I have no clue, but he was created by Bruce and Tony so.

(The ninth chapter of Fragments is done! I hope you enjoy this experience as much as I love writing it.
Tell me what you thought and if there is any corrections that need to be made!)
Please vote and comment :)