xvi. god bless elliot ball

ME & YOU TOGETHER SONG
- THE 1975

ME & YOU TOGETHER SONG - THE 1975

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"you don't have to go too crazy here, sheila, but as close to vera wang as you can get."

"you are going to make a beautiful bride." sheila glanced up from her position on the floor in order to compliment the woman she was creating a wedding dress for.

cassie came from the kitchen after managing to steal alcohol from the jackson home despite fiona's whispered scold, the later hot on her tail with a shake of her head. "i second that."

sheila spared cassie a friendly grin, for the woman had known the gallaghers since the little miss southside pageant years before. of course, cassie gallagher had won the event, leaving her relationship with karen to remain filled with utter jealousy since childhood.

"oh, sheila, cass, you guys make me feel like cinderella." veronica held a genuine smile, one that forced anyone who witnessed it to mirror the look.

"screw cinderella! little doe-eyed bitch." karen chirped from the kitchen table where she'd been catching up on the schoolwork cassie chose to ignore. "probably one of the worst role models for little girls."

"i think cinderella was a feminist."

"the whole idea of marriage is a useless vestige of an archaic civilization." karen countered her mother's words which had cassie nodding in agreement.

at least until debbie was snapping back with her own remarks, cassie and fiona meeting eyes while simultaneously trying to hold back their laughs. "how would you know?"

"i watched one unravel." karen came back without a hint of hesitation which earned her a sideways glance from her mother.

"oh, so one example of a bad one makes them all bad, hmm?"

"in old times," the jackson girl glanced towards debbie. "marriage was nothing more than a legal exchange of women for property."

"she's not wrong." cassie felt everyone's attention turn in her direction, karen the only one left sparing a smile. "what?"

fiona shook her head despite the amusement of utterly confused expression across cassie's features, one carl carried too. "don't add to the pessimism, cass."

"it's just a piece a paper." karen let out a laugh due to how serious the girls in the room were taking her words, all except cassie which had brought the jackson girl by surprise.