xii. may the best stoner win

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"where the fuck is ian?"

"what're you talking about?" lip's words fell groggily as he flickered open his sleep filled eyes.

"ian." cassie had climbed onto the top bunk, grabbing lip's hand forcefully. "he's gone."

once lip realized just what cassie was informing him, he sat up from his bed abruptly. cassie took her time hopping off the top bunk and onto the floor, lip quickly following suit. the siblings glanced to ian's empty bed once more before the two were rushing out of the shared bedroom.

"empty." cassie let out a dramatic breath, staring into the bathroom with knowing eyes.

lip started descending down the stairs at that, cassie quickly following in toe. there was obvious tension between the two, yet both seemed to ignore the fact. neither could find the correct words to say, and so, they opted for utter silence.

"buddy, no." cassie stepped into the kitchen, messing with the hair upon carl's head before pulling the action figures out of the microwave. "you take the killing bat?"

carl stared towards cassie with disappointment etched upon his features before sending her a simple shake of his head. "i'm trying to make melted man."

"still?" cassie furrowed her brows towards the child before her attention was pulled to debbie.

"lip, cass, we're making eggs benedict."

cassie dismissed the plate of food from the makeshift aunt ginger, pressing a gentle kiss upon debbie's head as an apology for missing breakfast once again.

"that woman will be here in 45 minutes. you better be ready." fiona seemed to ignore cassie's presence altogether, her words directed towards frank who resided at the kitchen table.

"i pay that bureaucratic no-nothing her salary. i'll be ready when i say i'm ready." frank's words fell with a slur due to the food in his mouth.

"eat some breakfast, you two." fiona finally acknowledged the blonde who'd started to make her way up the staircase as lip made his way towards the door.

"i will." cassie hummed dramatically, leaving the room before another word could be spoken. "not."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

"mrs gallagher!"

the federal agent investigating aunt ginger's checks was heard throughout the entirety of the home. cassie's features contorted as she spared herself a final glance in the bathroom mirror.