𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 // 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩

"We haven't seen you before, so you choose. Which one do we hunt?"

♕ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 ♕

⸻⸻

Paula just stood there, frozen. She attempts to talk but the only thing you can hear is slurring and mumbling. The poachers stood and looked at her with impatience.

I say as I dig my nails into my arm, "She can't speak well. One of your friends tore her jaw."

Nous gets close to my face and says, "She can still point, can't she?"

Paula looks at me for an answer and I just shrug. Sonya's face goes white and she asks, "D-Do you have to do this? Just let us go. Please."

I look around. Can we run? It's not like Oliver can save us this time. It doesn't look like Sonya can do anything right now so I'll have to. Unless Paula can but I can't expect her to do much since Nous and Nouma are watching her.

Shit, we left the gun at the windmill too. Isn't it possible that he left out more guns or weapons ? If he left that one out, it's possible he left more out. But where? I can't exactly run right now. The only way the monsters would let me run was if they were trying to hunt me and I don't really want to do that. But do I want them to hunt Sonya? She'll die immediately. She can barely stand up right now. Ughh, fine. I guess I'll do it.

I look towards Paula and mouth the words 'Me' to her. She tilts her head and hesitantly points towards me. Nouma chuckles. "Okay, start running."

I ask, "Aren't you gonna give me a time limit this time?"

"No, we'll come after you when we want to. So, I suggest you start running."

Why do I do this to myself? I think as I turn around and start to run towards the forest, looking around for anything I can use. The footsteps start to catch up with me and I quickly turn and hide behind a tree, pushing my back against it and slowing my breathing.

I glance behind myself and I see a knife beside the two man-eaters hunting me. Nous and Nouma twirl their spears as they call out for me. I bite my tongue as I race over to the knife and pick it. Right as I do, I feel a claw wrap around my neck and lift me up in the air.  Nouma tightens her grip on my neck and pulls me closer to her face. "It was fun playing with you."

I swing my legs around as I raise my knife and bash it in her forehead. It literally does nothing. I stab Nouma's head over and over as she says, "You're not doing anything."

I do it one more time and I see... a crack? I keep doing it while the poachers mock and laugh at me. A small shard falls of it's mask and Nouma says, "Well, that's enough. Goodbye."

I try to wiggle out but Nous says, "You're gonna kill them like that? How boring..."

What the fuck? If I'm gonna be tortured, I'd rather die right now. Nouma says, "Nous, you're right." She throws me on the floor and pain crawls up my leg and back.

Please, just fucking kill me already.

I look to my side and see the shard of Nouma's mask next to me. I pick it up and sloppily throw it towards them. It hits Nous' jaw and a piece of his mask comes off. Nous glares at me and shrieks. Oh shit. That's how you break the mask. WHY DID I HAVE TO FIGURE THAT OUT RIGHT NOW?!

He throws his spear at me and I barely dodge it. I quickly run through the vast forest, pushing my hair back as the screams and cries of kids surround me. Someone tugs on my arm. I turn my head to two girls panicking and checking around us.

One looks slightly older and she has long blonde hair with bright blue eyes. The younger one has a short, blunt cut that's covered with a pink beanie and she has green eyes. The older one begs, "Please! Please help us! Me and my little sister, Gillian, just woke up here and music started playing then-"

"You got attacked?"

Gillian says, "Yeah! But it had weird horns and it started chasing us!"

The older girl checks behind her and says, "But please, just help us, we don't know what to do."

"Okay, I'll help you two. We need to-"

A hand pierces through the older sister's neck and her eyes roll up and her jaw loosens. Blood trickles down her body, reddening her white uniform. The claw retracts from her body and she falls to the floor, making a puddle of blood that outlines her body.

Music echoes through the forest as Gillian screams and drops to her knees, covering her sister's neck. "No... don't go. Please, please, please." Blood seeps through her fingers and she uncontrollably sobs.

I stand there, as the man-eater, Luce, walks away. She screams and cries as she bangs her fists on the floor. She sniffles and covers her face. "Wake up! Please... wake up."

Luces' attendants pick up her sister's dead body and start walking away. She looks up at them and says, "What...? Don't take her.. please. Please, at least let her stay here..."

They ignore her and walk out of the forest leaving her on the floor. She stands up and runs to a tree, holding her stomach while she gags. I look away as I hear puking noises behind me. Once she's done, I look back at her and her face is pale and her puffy eyes avoid contact with me. She hangs her down and just stands there.

"I can take you back to the town, if it'll make you feel better." She continues to stand there, ignoring me and staring at the floor. I ask, "Is there anything you want me to do?"

I don't think I should leave her but she looks like she wants to be left alone. "Gillian, let me take you back to the village so you can rest."

I hold her arm and walk her  to the town as she can barely walk and her legs are reluctant to move. Once we enter the town, I see Sonya sitting down in an alleyway as she shakes and holds her knees to her chest. Paula leans on the wall beside her, tapping a knife into the wall.

I look towards the main part of the village and I see blood splattered around the floor of the town. All the kids are crying around the entire town. What happened here?

I glance at all of their faces and I can't find Oliver or Zack. I swear, if their reckless asses got themselves killed, I'll literally kill them.

I just ignore it and walk Gillian into a house and I sit her down on the floor. She still stares at her feet and her face is expressionless. "Hey, are you okay?"

She says nothing. "Gillian, I'll be right back. Don't worry."

To my suprise, she nods and says, "Okay, thanks." She moves her head down and sobs on the floor. I can't imagine what she's going through right now..

I walk out the door and I go over to Paula and Sonya. Sonya looks up at me and says, "Heu, thanks for saving me... I appreciate it. You didn't have to."

"No, it's fine. But, what happened? There's so much blood everywhere."

Sonya tugs on one of her pigtails and says, "Those two monsters came back."

"What?! I thought they were chasing me the whole time."

"Yeah, we thought that too but they must've stopped." After I broke their mask, they probably came back.. "They didn't even care about having fun or 'playing games', they didn't even let us run." Sonya said.

"Are you saying that-"

"They killed them. They killed twenty kids in front of us."

⸻⸻

HIII

So, since this chapter was pretty short, I'm going to update tommorow (or a little later because if I'm busy). But, I hope you enjoyed and have a great day/night/evening!