Warn Wood

Following Karl, Y/N realizes the alcove that Karl turned into opens into a kitchen area. Just as empty and low lit as the hallway. There is an inset metal sink at the far end of the room, similar to a wash basin and gives the kitchen a rustic look. The first thought through Y/N's mind is that this is a cottage core lesbian's wet dream. Right above the sink is a shut window and old white curtains that lay stagnant.

"The kitchen." Karl says absently as he waves a hand in the air, encompassing everything and nothing all at once. He walks a little ways into the kitchen before pointing at a door set ajar. "The bathroom." He turns to face Y/N as he walks back words almost reaching the counter tops. "I just figured out how to get hot water." Karl finally reaches the opposite side of the room from Y/N. Still facing them, he leans back on the counters folding his arms over his thick chest. Y/N tentatively walks in the room. It's open but not big, facing the eastern direction. The idea of opening the shuttered window in the morning to see the rising sun makes Y/N's heart warm to this little cottage. As they look to their right, they see a small square table with a set of chairs. One pushed in and covered in a slight layer of dust, the other is pulled out and ajar; It looks worn and well used. Looking to the left there is a round room, the far wall is nothing but windows letting in a sickly stream of light, from the amount of dust layering on the glass.

"This is a very homey place." Y/N says looking back at this man that might be no better than the dangers out there. wanting to face palm at the stupid statement. Homey place really, that's what you came up with. Instead of giving in to the urge, Y/N smiles and places their hands behind their back, so as not to slap a hand over their mouth.

"Thanks...I inherited it from old friends." He isn't looking at Y/N, his eyes are focused on the wall of windows. His face looks somber and deep in thought. The profile that now faces Y/N gives them a splendid view of his chiseled jawline and thickly corded neck. Y/N catches themselves licking their lips. But it was too late, as a smug voice states.

"I would be worried for my life if I didn't know better." His massive hand cups the back of his neck and follows the path that Y/N's eyes took down. Making a flaming warmth curl deep in Y/N's belly. Shaking their head, Y/N laughs.

"I should be getting to work, don't you think?" Trying to change the subject to something not so embarrassing as getting caught checking out a stranger.

"First, let us go over some rules." his voice switches from smug and charismatic, to something hard and almost cold, giving Y/N whiplash. Making the room feel even colder than it already is, the air almost electric, making the small hairs on Y/N stand. Trying to lighten the sudden shift, Y/N gestures to the table with the two chairs.

"Shall we sit?" his hard gaze lefts from Y/N and looks over at the table. The electricity that seemed to surround Y/N fades slightly with his eyes now shifted away. He moves to the chair that's ajar and pulls it out, turning it so the back hits the wall. He sits with a heavy thud, the chair groaning with his weight. He lifts a hand gesturing to the seemingly never touched chair. Y/N begins to walk towards the table. The image of sitting on his spread thighs crosses their mind. Making the warmth in their belly intensify. Just as the image fades Y/N reaches the table and pulls out the chair and dusts it off before sitting.

"Let us begin." Y/N folds their hands in their lap waiting to hear what their life will be like for as long as they are here planning a way to escape.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welp I am still feeling like shit but ya'll make me want to keep writing so this one is a little short and shitty I promise the next will be better......I hope. ( I did add a song that is giving me the strength to get this shit done....I hope you enjoy it if not this chapter❤🥺)