Chapter 33: What A Perfect Way To Start A Love Story

It's been a long time since I've felt this kind of comfort. For some strange reason, I woke up feeling completely light and peaceful. There was a lingering sensation of joy in my heart and I didn't know why.

Slowly, I rolled over my side and carefully opened my eyes. The sun was creeping through the blinds, making it hard for me to totally open my eyes. Stretching my arms, I let out a yawn.

"You're lovelier than the morning."

Mid-yawn, I let out a surprised yelp and jumped on my bed. Chase was leaning against the door frame, an amused expression on his face. Upon seeing him, every single thing that happened last night came crashing back to me. Unexpectedly, my cheeks flushed red.

"Geez, you scared me," I told him, laughing awkwardly. He simply smiled at me - that smile that had every female begging on his knees - making me blush harder. Weirdly, the memory of him kissing me suddenly flashed back in my head. I instantly shook away the thought.

"Did I?" He asked, smirking.

I shrugged. "Kind of."

"Hmm," he mumbled, walking over to me. He suddenly leaned closer, causing my stomach to churn. "If I knew better, you're simply thrilled by my presence."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Will you please stop being conceited?"

"Will you stop being so beautiful?"

His words caught me off guard, rendering me speechless. All I could do was stare at him, completely enticed by his charm.

"I know I'm irresistible love, there's no need for that face."

That moment, I realized my mouth was hanging slightly open. Embarrassed, I let out a nervous laugh and quickly stood up. "Oh, shut up Chase."

"I won't mind letting your lips do that."

Holy cow.

"Seriously though," I told him, rolling my eyes. "Shut up."

Grabbing my towel, I went to the bathroom to fix myself and was surprised when a pair of hands grabbed my waist. When I looked at the mirror, Chase was smiling at me, completely unaware of how his touch was driving me crazy.

"Do you have any idea how long I've wanted to do this?" He said, his voice a little low for my liking.

Resisting the urge to swallow a nervous gulp, I shrugged and said, "Enlighten me."

Chase just grinned as he rested his chin on my neck. The gesture gave me chills. "Ever since you stepped in my room that day, looking fine in your pretty pink dress while I on the other hand, was only wearing a pair of funny looking pajamas."

A smile escaped my lips as I recalled that memory. "What a perfect way to start a love story."

"I know. Whoever is writing our love story must be pretty crazy."

I let out a small laugh. "Quite possibly."

We were having a perfect moment when my stomach decided to make a scene by grumbling.

"Oops?" I offered, my face turning hot.

"Sheesh, way to ruin the moment," Chase said begrudgingly, although it was clear that he was simply joking.

I rolled my eyes. "Hey! It's my body's natural response to hunger. It's not my fault my stomach was such a buzzkill."

"Sure Carli, whatever you say," he said. "Anyway, since you're obviously hungry, judging by that scandalous sound your stomach just made, do you want me to cook lunch for you?"