t h i r t y s e v e n

The sky shone a bright blue when the two sat on the outdoor tables and no one dared to say a word- not even Saeron

The sky shone a bright blue when the two sat on the outdoor tables and no one dared to say a word- not even Saeron. Donghyuck seemed to be very serious, retreating all of her curious remarks so the girl sat quiet as she waited for him to speak.

"Sorry for bothering you and the kids," his first statement took her by surprise but she shook her head anyway, "No, it's alright." Donghyuck huffed, keeping his stare at the ground which made Saeron more curious about what he called her for.

"You seem deep in thoughts," Saeron joked and Donghyuck snapped up to see her with wide eyes. "U-uh no, well yeah. There's something I need to tell you though," he tried to compile himself together but deep inside- he's nervous of what she might think, "Just.. don't freak out."

The warning made Saeron grew more nervous than she already was, shifting on her seat while secretly fidgeting her fingers. "Depends," she shrugged and cocked a brow, brushing the negativity off of her system.

Donghyuck rolled his eyes at her attitude before letting out a scoff. "Okay so um..," he started off as he turned his body to face her fully, stopping midway at the thought of her being his unbiological cousin, "Fuck, I hate this."
The boy whined while rubbing his now-messy head.

"Just say it for fuck sake, Hyuck- I don't have a whole day," Saeron blurted impatiently. Donghyuck had elbows supporting on his knees as he was bent over his thighs, palms still tangled in his hair. After a while, he managed to collect some courage before straightening his torso.

"We're apparently.." he held his breath, continuing to receive a glare from the girl sitting beside him, making it harder to gather the words under pressure before sighing in defeat, "We're cousins."

There, he said it.

Oh goodness- the humiliation. He's even barely able to retain it for the past few days. Bullying her own cousin without knowing? It certainly was unbearable. Donghyuck felt like throwing himself off of a cliff as he waited for a response, though her astonished face was the only reaction he got.

"What did you just say?" Saeron asked out of disbelief, her brows crashing together as she tried to comprehend the single strand of information she hardly obtained. Saeron highly doubted herself for hearing that right. The girl cracked a nervous laugh, still denying his opinion or should he say, fact.

Nonsense.

Donghyuck resided his stare on the ground and shut his eyes in distress by his own finding. Ever so often he'd take glimpses of her reaction, he saw how her face differed from the one earlier- before he told her that they were cousins.

"Sorry, I must've misheard that-"
"We're cousins, Sae"

Her lips fell to the ground, not believing whatever information she just heard, "You're joking."
"Apparently not," Donghyuck lifted his shoulders as he breathily said, shaking his head.