birthday hopes (707 x reader)

A/N: happy birthday 707 :)

Maybe it was selfish of Saeyoung to do, but he stayed up late tonight for a different reason other than hacking.

As he watched the digital clock change numbers, he ignored the deadlines looming over his head. Instead, he let himself think about something...different. Not necessarily pleasant, but just different.

His birthday has never been too special to him, he could never celebrate like normal kids could.

And now, all it really does is remind him of his failures with Saeran. He left him all alone, for good reason, but it was never truly guaranteed that he was safe. Saeyoung never saw him with his own eyes, and therefore, there was still a chance he was in danger.

There was a chance he wasn't celebrating his birthday today. Though, if anyone deserved to, it would be him.

He hoped he was okay, and having a small birthday party with the ice cream he always liked.

And if...he wasn't, Saeyoung hoped that he, at least, could celebrate it in his head.

That's what Saeyoung did.

Sometimes he would celebrate with the RFA, and that was nice at the time. But it left a bittersweet taste, as he knew he would have to leave them eventually.

And really, he was okay with being alone.

That is, until he met MC.

Sweet, beautiful, MC, making Saeyoung hope for things he never thought he would before. Things he didn't deserve.

They talked with him, like they liked him and enjoyed his presence. Saeyoung knew they didn't know the real him, that they would leave when/if they saw past his persona.

But it was nice to pretend.

It was nice to talk to them, and see their kind words on a screen. Though their appearance was suspicious, they didn't seem to fit that. They were kind, amazing even.

And Saeyoung could feel...attraction towards them. Strange, right? He knew one day this would all fade away, it was the price had to pay as a hacker.

But despite everything, Saeyoung hoped he would be able to talk with them a lot more. He couldn't help it, they just had that effect on him. He almost wanted to...give them a hug, or something. Just one. He didn't deserve to be that close to them, and it would be dangerous, but again, he liked to pretend.

So he watched as numbers on the clock slowly turned to midnight. And he secretly hoped that...wherever MC is they wished him "Happy Birthday"