The Star Spangled Man

(Side note:
•~ That symbol means that you are thinking/talking to yourself~
•That means that the Devil is talking to you)

Previously on_

Rhodes. World's a crazy place right now. Alliances are all torn apart. The world's broken.
Sam. Symbols are nothing without the women and men that give them meaning.
Thank you, Captain America. But this belongs to you.

Dr. Raynor: Tell me about your most recent nightmare.Look, I know that you have been through a lot, but you've got your mind back, you are being pardoned. You're free.
Bucky.To do what?

Y/n.Do you think the police is gonna find your dead corpses before you become fossil? *I smile up at them*
Guy 3.What even do you want here? This is none of your business and this case froze years ago. For sure you are not a cop.
Y/n.Oh of course I'm not a cop.*I make a disgusted face* I hate those people.

Torres.Oh, bam! Right there! You see these guys? These're the guys you gotta worry about. They call themselves the Flag Smashers. They want a world that's unified without borders.
Sam. So, this is the leader of the Flag Smashers, huh?*Groans*He's strong.
Sarah.Oh, my God, Sam. You better look at this.

Man ( on TV ).Join me in welcoming your new Captain America.

Torres.w-wait you have to listen to m-me. Stop pushing me-
Y/n.Yeah yeah sure.I'm sorry Torres but I don't work with cops. *I swing the whiskey around the glass*
Torres.Sam Wilson se-send me here to get you!*He yells*

Torres.what you are about to see is live from New York
Man ( on TV ).Join me in welcoming your new Captain America.
Y/n.Let's go then. We have no time to waste.

___

Johns Pov

Olivia. Reliving the glory days?
I hear a voice from behind me and as I turn around I get to look at my wife Olivia. We both chuckle at that.
Olivia.I remember sneaking into this locker room before each game to see you.
John.It's probably why we always won.
Olivia.You nervous?
John.Who, me?
Olivia.Mmm-hmm.
John.Never*Chuckles softly*I've been a captain before, obviously, but this is different. This is... Everybody in the world expects me to be something. And I don't wanna fail them.
Olivia.I know.
John.Yeah.
Olivia.Be yourself. Yeah. They're gonna love you. *chuckles*Good luck.
John.Love you.
Olivia.Love you.

Muffled crowd cheering could be heard in the background and that didn't help with my anxiety at all.

Walker.Did he puke yet?
Olivia.Not yet. You're up.
Walker.Copy that.
John.Good morning.Good morning, America. Good morning.*Softly*No, you're Captain America, you're not... *In normal voice*Good morning. John, Captain, uh... Captain America.
Walker.And that's why you failed drama class.*we both laugh at that*
John.Can you believe this?
Walker.I know, right?*chuckles*
John.Yeah.
Walker.Two weeks ago we're prepping the team for a special ops mission in Chile, now this.
John.Don't get me wrong, this has been great, it's been great, but it's been a lot of handshakes, a lot of suits, a lot of speeches, and senator meetings, and I just wanna do the job.
Walker.This is the job, John.
John.Yeah.
Walker.All of it is. Star-spangled man with a plan and all that. It's always been in the job description. Listen, this suit, it comes with expectations, brother. You can't just punch your way out of problems anymore, you know?
John.Mmm-hmm.
Walker.Time to go to work.
John.Time to go to work.