𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓷

The moment she saw Sprig arrive with a concerned expression on his face, Anne knew that he wanted to talk to her, about none other than Marcy Wu herself

"Hey, Anne?"

She looked over at Sprig who sat beside her on the benches, she looked at him with confusion, even though she knew where this whole conversation was going. "Are you sure we need Marcy for... all of this?"

There it was. After Marcy was mean to them and said that they needed her to find more stuff related to the gems, they realized that this was a bad idea, yet Anne was the only one trying to make it work. She would often tell them not to worry about it, that Marcy was trying to decipher what the notebook said. However, she couldn't gather any more information, the pages were maybe a bit too torn off, and the handwriting was something Marcy couldn't understand. Anne had promised her friends that Marcy staying to investigate would be worth it and that they could find out information more quickly because of the notebook, but they were still stuck, it had been a week, and no new stuff about the gems.

Anne sighed, tired of having to answer that question almost every day. "Sprig, for the last time, yes, we need her help. She has the notebook which can have most of the answers we're looking for, plus, she's the most intelligent person in this school, she'll find a way."

Sprig frowned, "Yeah but I still don't trust her." he muttered, clearly annoyed by Anne's response. Anne's face shifted into a more calmed expression, "I get that, and you don't have to trust her at all, but I know she knows something about the gems, and as I said, you don't need to talk to her at all if you don't want to, she can take all the information she gathers to me, and I take it to you."

This didn't manage to convince Sprig though, "That's the thing, we were supposed to investigate together, and I don't like that Marcy just barged in and ruined that." he started, "I just wanted to spend time with you, but you're spending more time with her than with us." his voice broke. Tears were threatening to come out, he wiped his eyes quickly and looked away, chuckling a bit.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I shouldn't be crying about something as stupid as this. If you want to hang out with Marcy, that's fine by me, I can't tell you who you need to hang out with." Anne hugged him, which caught him by surprise, but he hugged back, "It's okay Sprig, it's not stupid at all, I would feel that way too." she whispered, they separated from the hug, "I know that letting Marcy help was just my decision when I should've asked you all if you were okay with it before actually going through with it. But I don't want Marcy taking our chance in knowing more about the gems away."