Chapter 16

Malia's POV.

I walk to where they are standing.
"Hey D, hey Chad." I tell them but only Chad replies.

"Hey babes." He pecks me cheek.

"Can we talk D." I tell him but he just rolls his eyes and walks away. Now I feel like crying, Devon has never failed to give me his attention but now, now he is being different.

"Don't cry." Chad hugs me and I feel a few drops down my cheek.

"He hates me Chad, I've tried to get his attention but all he is doing is showing me a cold shoulder." I sniff and pull way.

"It's going to be alright babes, have you talked to Kai?"

"Yeah I did." I smile remembering our conversation.

"I guess it went well on the way your smiling."

"Yeah, somehow." I tell him. "Can you drive me to my flat?" I ask him as we leave the field.

"Of course come on, I'm sure Devon doesn't hate you, he is just hurt that your falling for Kai and he likes you."

"I understand." I reply.

We get to his car and he drives off to my flat.
I find Charlotte and Ross on the couch watching something on the television.

"Hey." Charlotte comes and hugs me and I hug her back replying.

"Hey Ross."

"Hey Malia , you good? Looks like you've been crying." He says concerned.

"Yeah somehow."

"All I know is that both dudes like you but I know my boy Kai is on the whole other level."

"That's not helping." Charlotte rolls her eyes.

"It's okay I understand Ross." I tell him and I make my way to my room and take a cold shower.

It's now about seven pm and Kai texts me.

"You still down on hanging out,I can pick you up."

"Yeah it's fine ." I reply

"I'll be there in twenty minutes." He texts so I get ready.

I get dressed in some skinny jeans and a hoodie,I just want to be comfortable.

"You ain't tell me you was going on a date with Lee." Charlotte comes into my room looking at me with a smile on her face.

"It's not a date."

"Well it doesn't look like it and please don't tell me you're wearing that." She looks me up and down and I roll my eyes.

"It's not a date Charlie, we are just hanging out ."

"Okay if you say so, but if he leaves you because you lack a sense of fashion,don't come crying."

"We are not even dating."

"That's what they say." She rolls her eyes .

"It's the fact."

"Whatever, anyway your man is here." She turns and leaves.

I put on my vans and then grab my phone leaving.
I find Kai and Ross talking in the living room .

"There she is ." I hear Ross whisper to Kai or maybe he tries to whisper.

"Hi." I tell Kai as he stands up and looks at me.

"Hey , you ready?"

"Yeah."

"Okay come on." He holds my hand and we leave but not before Charlotte decides to open her mouth.