Chapter Fifteen:

Peter isn't sure exactly what happened. He remembers coming home, then everything going dark. Everything else is a blur. His mind is still clouded and his thoughts are scattered. Only one thought rings clear, and that's how hungry he is. He stumbles out of bed (when did he get here?) And makes his way to the kitchen.

"Mr. Parker, you're suffering symptoms of an unknown illness. I advise against getting out of bed."

"Well all due respect, Ms. Friday, but I'm ignorin' your advice." The teen also ignores the stares the team of superheroes send his way as he swings open the refrigerator door, grabbing and stacking different foods to take back to his room.

"Bambi? You're supposed to be in bed."

"I'll go back in a minute, Mr. Stark." He somehow manages to keep everything perfectly balanced (as all things should be) and goes back to his room, using his foot to close the door behind him. Stark opens the refrigerator after he's gone, noting that it now sits practically empty.

"What the-"

"Language!"

"Shut up, Spangles. I didn't even say anything."

Peter hears all of this as he sits in his room. The pile of food is disappearing bit by bit as the boy attempts to think his way through this. Something was definitely off. Peter may be stubborn, but he isn't stupid. Things had been weird every since he'd left Oscorp, and he wanted to know why.

He's reaching for his drink when he notices it, something he'd not seen amongst the chaos, considering he was only half conscious. On the inner side of his wrist, just below his palm are two puncture wounds. Small and precise, they would match up perfectly with that of a spider.

The spider... the display case...

He's been bitten by a hybrid spider, and has no idea what effects it may have. He may have an unknown toxin flowing through his veins and has no idea how to fix it.

Should he tell someone? Absolutely.

Does he tell anyone? Of course not.

The next morning, Peter wakes up feeling 3000 times better. It's as if the last 24 hours never happened. More than that, he feels better than healthy. He all but jumps out of his bed, moving toward his closet.

Grabbing the door handle, he moves to pull it open. But the door doesn't open. Instead, Peter somehow managed to literally pull the door from its hinges. He just stares in shock at the door hes holding in his hand. How is he supposed to explain this??

He gently places it back against the door frame, and then backs away. He'll have to get some tools from the workshop and fix it. Leaving it where it is, he instead goes to his bathroom. A shower may help him think clearly. He had to shake this, whatever it is.

Suddenly an odd feeling washes over him, like a tingling in the back of his mind. It leaves him disoriented, and he ends up tripping over the threshold and nearly hitting the floor. Key word; nearly. He grabs hold of the bathroom sink, regaining his balance. After steadying himself, he tries to walk away. But he can't move.

His hand is now stuck to the sink.

He panics, pulling away in attempts to free himself. Whatever it is that's keeping him stuck, it was strong. After one final pull his hand comes loose, but a piece of the sink comes with it. He cringes as the broken pieces hit the floor, looking at the now busted sink. There's a huge crack in the sink itself and the pipes are leaking.

Something is going on, and honestly Peter is so freaked out he doesn't notice the fact that his bathroom is slowly starting to flood. He has to fix this.

Still in his pajamas, he runs to the workshop to grab the necessary tools and equipment to fix all the damage done. In his hurry, who should he run into but his own father?

"H-Hey Mr. Stark, sir." Peter stutters, trying not to seem suspicious. Trying, but failing.

"Okay, what's going on?"

"Nothin' sir. I was just goin' to the workshop to grab a few things..."

"In your pajamas?" Stark asks skeptically, crossing his arms over his chest. Before Peter gets the chance to reply, he gets that feeling again.

Jump

The teen jumps, and suddenly the world's turned upside down. A purple splash of paint now covered the front of Tony's AC/DC T-Shirt, and Clint Barton stood further down the hall.

"You've been here 2 days, Barton. Two days!!"

The bird lowers the slingshot he was holding. Clint doesn't answer, instead focusing on the teenage boy that's now standing on the ceiling.

"Uh... Tony?"

"I mean this was my favorite shirt, now there's paint-"

"TONY!" The billionaire falls silent and Clint points toward the ceiling, Tony's gaze following.

"Peter Benjamin Parker... why are you on the ceiling?" Peter sighs, feeling just as confused as everyone else.

"I dunno. I also broke my sink... and my closet door."

"How?"

"I told you, sir. I don't know!"

"Well get off the ceiling before you get hurt!" Peter tries to jump back down and get back to the floor, but just like with the sink, he's stuck. "Peter, I said get down!"

"I can't!"

"Why not?"

"I'm too sticky!!" He starts panicking, but the more he panics the more stuck he seems to get.

"Clint, go get steve. And tell Bruce we're gonna need him." The archer disappears down the halls and around the corner, coming back a few minutes later with a start spangled super soldier.

"What in the world-"

"Just help us get him down, Steve."

He doesn't question it after that. He simply grabs Peter's hands and tries to pull him down, but the teen doesn't budge. The adults in the room begin arguing about the best way to get the kid back on the floor, while he remains glued to the ceiling.

It's the same concepts as quicksand, the more he struggles the more stuck he feels. So maybe...

Taking a deep breath, he relaxes as best as he can. After a few seconds he's falling. Peter half expects to hit the floor, but it's as if what happens next is instinct. He flips off the ceiling and lands on the floor next to Clint.

He looks around at the awestruck heroes around him, trying to stay calm. Trying to think of something to say. His voice shaking, all he can say is;

"What's happening to me?"

So here it be you beautiful humans!!! This was roughly edited, and remember I always appreciate constructive criticism.

Also, my mental health. I'm not entirely at 100%, but I'm working on it. And I'll get there eventually. Thank you all so much for your concern, and you will never know how much your words of kindness, encouragement, and understanding mean to me.

I love you all my amazing arachnids!!

Love, Nat❤🕸🕷❤🕸🕷