Chapter Twenty-One:

Y'all I watched ONE EPISODE of The Good Doctor and that's all I've done since. So that's the explanation for my obvious tardiness. I've managed to watch an entire season since we've last met- and I've done nothing productive whatsoever.

But I have here a fluff chapter for you. Should be happy and not too angsty.

Tony could see a flash of red and blue as his son stepped off the window ledge, and he could've sworn his heart stopped.

"No no no no no no no..." he ran to the window, all but falling from the edge himself. Tony saw that same red and blue and heard a yell of excitement as Peter swung away. Tony wasn't exactly sure what he was using to swing- how long has Peter been working on this tech?

And why hadn't Peter told him about it?

When FRIDAY had told them what was going on, that Peter standing on the ledge... It was a fear Tony never wanted to experience again. Ever.

"Where is he." Natasha demands in a panic. Its only then that Tony realizes he and Pepper are the only one who watched Peter swing away.

"He left. He's using tech- I gotta go after him before he gets himself hurt. Or killed."

"We'll help." Steve says. "Is there anyone else who would know where he is?"

"His friends, Ned and MJ, they live in the city. I'll have FRIDAY send their contact information." Tony lifts an arm, summoning a suit. In less than a minute he's suited up in his signature red and gold.  Pepper gives him a quick kiss and tells him to be careful, and then he's gone.

🎶You are my dad, YOU'RE MY DAD! Boogie woogie woogie🎶

The ringtone on Peter's phone plays for about the one hundredth time in the past thirty minutes. He just stares at the phone each time, debating on whether or not to answer before the call ends up going to voicemail.

Peter had stopped on a random apartment building a few miles from the tower, effortlessly scaling to the top. He now sits on the roof, his legs swinging back and forth on the edge.

He felt better, that's for sure. The fall from his window was a lot higher than he'd anticipated, and honestly it was terrifying. But the minute he started swinging, he felt freed. He couldn't explain it, but he loved every minute of it.

He wanted to hear Tony's explanation, because there has to be a story behind this. Peter wouldn't be surprised if Tony did nothing wrong, and was simply blaming himself for a tragedy.

That wasn't what was keeping Peter from answering the dozens of calls.

It was the worry of how upset Tony was going to be with him. How disappointed. He hated disappointing people more than almost anything.

He was trying to think of a plan of action, when the sound of repulsors sounded behind him. The clank of metal as the suit landed.

"I've found him, Pep. We'll be home soon." He could hear Pepper answer him on the other end of the phone, her voice tearful. Stars, he really worried them. He really should've thought this through.

Peter doesn't look in Tony's direction not once. From the moment Tony steps out of the suit to the moment he sits down next to Peter, Peter never looks up. He keeps his gaze locked on the mask in his hands.

"You know Pepper and I thought you would've gone to the park. We know you love it there."

"I was actually going to."