Book 3: Chapter 11: Goodbye, Farewell, Hope We Meet Again

Days pass without me noticing. It's a terrible habit of mine.

In other news, hey, got through another month of my life!! I hope yours has been better, if not, I hope it does get better!

I don't know who the ones thirsting after Hakoda are but... y'all are onto something and I feel the same.

Thank you for your lovely comments, I smile a lot because of that, and it's always a highlight of my day. I feel super polite today for some reason but I can't turn it off right now.  

So my updates are something I really need to work on, but I promise I'm doing... something about it lol. My exams got over and I have a ton of free time but for some reason, I still don't?? I will work on that too.

Please drink water. Take care of yourselves. And feel a little disappointed with the lack of Sokka in this chapter. 

*

It'd been a long few days after the trip from the boiling rock fiasco. (Y/n) had been put on bedrest and she loved every second of pampering the others were so eager to dole out on her.

She didn't have to leave her bed at all. All she had to do was say, "Oh, I think I'm hungry," and at least three people would pop up, hands laden with fruits or meat or vegetables.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is true friendship. Exploiting them for food.

But on a better note, (Y/n) has been able to exercise and meditate once more, and it's more relaxing than ever. Katara had healed her swollen ankle and wrapped it up, and the bruises on her neck, feet, and torso were fading.

She spent every dawn awake, curled up on the cool stone of the western air temple, overlooking the ravines. It put her at peace; the pink and purple skies fade into sky blues, watching birds fly and sing. There's apparently another reason it's called the Western Air Temple. It's facing away from the sunrise and that sucks, but sunsets are very beautiful.

Sokka has vowed to not leave her room and to always watch over her, but the boy really can't stay up. He needs his beauty sleep and ends up snoring loudly. (Y/n) has to tuck his blanket up to his neck every time she leaves in the morning.

It was a night ago that she confided in Sokka about information on Kim's parents.

"If you know where they are, Kim probably deserves some sort of closure," Sokka said nonchalantly, munching into his food, absolutely devouring the fried chicken (Y/n) had made. He claimed never to have tried such spices together.

It was an enlightening experience for everyone. Aang, who seemed pretty sad he couldn't eat it, was given fried cauliflower and that was more than enough to have his mouth watering.

(Y/n) hadn't been sure about Kim's parents. When it came to them, Kim was volatile, and who knows what she might do if she faces them. Kim, however, had already made up her mind, determined to see them for the first time in years.

And (Y/n) understood – she needed answers. But she was afraid Kim might not find the answers she's looking for, and her hopes might be squashed.

After the night Zuko had talked to her, (Y/n) did everything she could to avoid him, and soon everyone knew why because Sokka had a pretty big mouth.

But she realized that she needs Zuko for this; for Kim and for herself, she needed to clear the air between them. (Y/n) really couldn't take another puppy dog sad look from Zuko every time she ignored him.

So, (Y/n) confronted him in his room. He was staring at a framed picture of him and Uncle Iroh smiling happily together, and (Y/n) realized she missed Uncle Iroh. He would've been so helpful now.