Epilogue: Part 1 - The Homecoming

Hello.

I'm back *sobs*. Everytime I think I'm done with Sokka, I realize - no, I'm not. 

So I wrote something pretty horny. 

Which means there are sex scenes here and I need y'all to be responsible about this (lol, you freaks won't listen to a word I say). 

If you're not above the age of consent, don't read the sex parts (you'll literally know it when you come to it - most of it is implied, but the last part will have very graphic stuff). 

Sokka is 22 now (yum, the pictures of older Sokka were a treat). (Y/n) is 21, and the others are still teens barring Zuko, Suki, Ty Lee, and Mai (I'm not sure where Mai is here, but oh well). 

Also, how are yall doing these days? I hope you're taking care of yourselves. I love you all, you're the best readers ever, and that's why I keep churning out goddamn Sokka stories. 

If you have any questions about me or this fic, just comment them and I'll answer them in the next chapters. If you have any ideas to insert in the next chapters, comment them, too, because my brain is spacey.

I've been reading up on the comments you nutcases have written on previous chapters, and I've laughed so goddamn hard - yall are so funny omg, and you really made my days.

Without further ado, my loves, here is part one of the epilogue (pls don't be mad I made them oblivious again lol). That's because I like to write self-indulgent nonsense that makes my horny brain go happy.

*

The entire day has been strange.

Well, stranger than usual.

Having to deal with snotty upperclassmen and constant debates that feel like they're getting nowhere wears you down – and Sokka?

He's down.

Aang had flown in from one of the Fire Nation colonies and had greeted him with a tight hug before tugging him to a restaurant and filing him in on how he's reconciling with the people of the colonies. When they part to go their separate ways for the night—Aang taking refuge in Zuko's castle, Aang gives him this look. It is full of mischief and just... knowing.

It transports him back to the days of the war for a second before Aang says, "I sent something to your place from the Earth Kingdom."

Sokka lights up. "Oh, I hope it's—"

"It's not food," Aang cut him off, still grinning.

It leaves him befuddled, but he knows Aang was good with gifts, as long as they aren't exotic vegetables because that cannot – in any sense – be considered a gift.

As he unlocks the door to his house that was built specifically for him by Zuko's orders – because a councilman deserves a good place to rest after a hard days' work – Sokka glances at the ring on his pinkie finger, glinting a gentle silver.

His heart tugs. Spirits, he misses her.

It's been three years.

Three years since the war has ended, and it has been a whirlwind, and none of them felt complete because not once did he meet (Y/n).

He knows Katara had met her once or twice on her travels, and Aang helped her with recruiting people who wanted to learn chi-blocking and martial arts in Omashu.

He knows she's also started something very risky; she's been travelling here and there to end the oppression of differing sexualities, and he's even gotten word that people are changing. It's slow, and every day he worries if there happens to be one bad crowd that (Y/n) doesn't come out from, but so far, he thinks he'd know.