Drive someone up the wall

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

❝ To irritate or annoy someone ❞

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

".....So cute."

I could feel the pulse of the veins in my head, wincing slightly as I stirred. The familiar sound of a girl made me peek through my eyes, curious to know about the source.

Emma stood in the front, her phone gripped by her slender fingers as the blinding flash went off, my sleep completely dissolved by the action.

"What are you doing?" The voice came out raspy, my surprised movements blocked by something. It took me a while to realise that this... wasn't my house.

These weren't my walls.

This wasn't my bed.

"Good morning!"

I darted my eyes to my waist, with an arm wrapped around it protectively.

"What t—"

"Sh! Don't wake him up!" Emma slapped her hand over my mouth, dropping her phone on the bed. There was so much to digest, and I thought I'd just end up... hurling across the ground and start puking.

My head hurt, the back of my eyes hurt, too, and I almost expected them to be blood red due to the constant burning I was experiencing.

And I had no idea why I was asleep beside Mikey.

"What happened here?" I tried to keep my voice as low as possible, but it was hard because of all the building panic.

"That's between you two."

"Oh my God...."

I could only imagine how terrified I looked right that moment, unsure of my actions of last night, unknown to everything but an enthusiastic Emma clicking pictures of us.

She read my expression before her face broke into a comforting grin.

"I'm kidding, jeez! You were high, so the best option for you was to sleep it off. And Mikey just... helped with that."

I recalled eating muffins..... Yeah. I hated how incredulously stupid I was, and I didn't really remember much of whatever happened next. I hoped I didn't start juggling shit or something....

I sneaked a glance at the sleeping boy, his breathing calm, snoring softly. Drool dried on either of his cheeks, which were slightly flushed by the cold.

"So... that's all, right? What time is it?" I rubbed my eyes, faint rays of orange streaming inside through the window hitting all of our faces.

"It's still early, 5 in the morning. I actually wanted to wake you guys up since Mikey and I had to be somewhere..." She paused, "But well. Watching how comfortably he's asleep right now, I'd rather not interfere."

"Um... uh... so I can... leave?"

"If you manage to get away from his deathly grip on your waist... of course."

I'd be late for Uni if that was what I needed to do to get out of here. There was a lot of frustration I'd have released if Mikey was awake, but unfortunately, every time he fell asleep, I had to resolve to violent measures to wake him up.

"I think he's had plenty of sleep. That's all he ever does whenever we go anywhere by car."

She seemed pleasantly shocked at this statement, sparking my confusion.

"He— he does? Wow.... thank you."

"What do you mean 'Thank you'?"

She sneaked a glance at him before pulling me close to her by my arm, startling me by the action.