[Birthday Special] For her, I'll do it all

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

❝  I wish I could be with you ❞

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Mikey's POV

Being alone.

I loved it.

The quietness, the solitude, the way peace enveloped every part of me... it all felt so familiar, so safe. Having company didn't particularly make me unhappy, but I simply did not prefer it over... this.

Although Emma's usual loud banters were comforting in a way, grandpa's constant nagging felt like home, there was something incredibly calming about the lack of human presence.

Perhaps that was why people kept leaving me.

This obscure liking of mine had now vanished. I was totally, entirely alone in this house, while the soothing chirps of the birds echoed through the tranquil walls. The sun had barely peeked through the horizon, with a shade of faded crimson slowly spilling itself to cover the endless abyss above.

But I no longer wanted to be the only person in this room.

I wanted the familiar, annoyed voice, to call my name. I wanted to hear her random bursts of philosophy, her amazed compliments every time I showed her one of the many kicks I'd mastered, her constant questions when something I wore or held piqued her interest, her words of care and concern when she noticed even the slightest drop in my mood..... Her. I wanted her.

My fingers, though shakey, pressed her contact. The same old facade of nonchalance and indifference took over my tone, as I realised she'd picked the call.

My heart, on the contrary, felt like it'd jump out of my chest at any given moment.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Y/N sounded exhausted.

Ah. Yes. I... didn't keep in mind that I was calling her at the crack of the dawn.

"I'm coming over."

There was a little pause with faint sounds of shuffling on the other end. I actually expected a quick denial, but... well. It didn't hurt to have a little bit of hope.

"Okay."

I knew it—

No.

What.

"Y/N? Hey. Are you completely awake or are you just saying shit while being, like, half asleep?"

"I'm not going to repeat myself. Oh, also, if you can, bring all your cats too— Wait. You know what? I'm coming over instead." Her voice was slightly muffled, and I assumed she was still snuggled against her pillow.

......Cute.

"That works too, I guess. Don't wake up my children by ringing the bell. Send me a text and I'll open the door."