Chapter 22 - Windows boarded up after the storm

July 4th 2020

Taylor's POV

It's Saturday night and the kids are asleep, we spent the holiday with my parents and Austin, and everyone had a great time - especially Rosie who didn't even realise that the 4th was a holiday.

"Karlie," I laugh as the model pins me down and covers my face in kisses, "you're going to wake the baby," I very nearly let out a moan when she locks onto the sensitive spot on my neck and I can already sense her smirk. "Karls..." I gasp as she repositions herself so that her knee is pressing against my core, "shhh... you'll wake the baby," she pulls me into a deep kiss and I moan against her lips, rocking my hips against her as she bites my lip and swallows my moans, trying to be quiet so that we don't wake August.

"Quiet..." she smirks as she pulls away and kisses her way down my neck, leaving temporary marks along my collarbone before tugging on my shirt and I pull it off, her mouth immediately latching onto my nipple as she rolls the other one between her thumb and her finger, my back arching into her touch as I moan, trying to be as quiet as possible. "Oh god... please..." she kisses her way down until she's between my thighs, her soft lips brushing gentle kisses over my milky skin and neglecting the one place I want her mouth to be.

I tangle my fingers in her hair and nudge my hips towards her, and finally Karlie takes the hint and wraps her lips around my clit - eliciting a desperate moan from me even when I try to hold it back.

"Shit... shit... no!" I whine as my phone starts to ring and Karlie pulls away, "there's only a few people that would be calling you at this time of night, Teff." She laughs as she sits up and I whine as I push myself up too and grab my phone. "It's the social worker," I frown when I read the caller ID and Karlie throws me my shirt as I answer it. Our meeting with her isn't until Monday. "Ms Murray, good evening," I'm welcoming but cautious, these phone calls always scare me.

"I'm sorry for such a late call, I didn't wake you, did I?" I glance to the clock on the bedside table and frown - it's nearly midnight - "no, not at all. What can I do for you?" Karlie is sat beside me again and her fingertips are teasing their way along my thigh as I send her a warning glare. "I know it's incredibly last minute and you don't usually take emergancy placements, but we have a teenage girl here in need of a placement for a few days, at least until we find somewhere else." I frown as I listen to her, this isn't the call I was remotely expecting.

"Why us?" I put the phone on loud speaker so that Karlie can hear too, "she has come to us tonight from a hostile environment and ideally we would like to place her somewhere without an adult male present in the home, but unfortunately all of the homes who usually take emergancy placements that are available don't fit this ideal." I glance up to Karlie who has a deep frown on her face, "can I put you on hold for a minute while I discuss this with Karlie?"

The social worker agrees so I put the call on hold and look up to my fiance, "apparently they have a teenage girl who needs a home for a few days until they can find her somewhere more permanant." The model nods but her frown remains, "it sounds like she's had a rough time, Tay, we have the space..." I wasn't expecting that reaction, Karlie already thought I was taking on too much with August and Ro, but this is different I guess.

"You're sure?" I observe her features and Karlie nods, "if you're comfortable with it then so am I." I lean over and pull her into a gentle kiss, "you're a big softie at heart, Karlie Kloss, and that's why I'm marrying you." She rolls her eyes as she laughs, "yeah, yeah, I'm amazing - I get it." I shake my head at her again as I smile and pick up the phone again.

We share a few more words with the social worker who thanks us profusely and apologies again for the timing before letting us know she'll bring the girl over herself within the next couple of hours.