Chapter 9 - A Shotgun Shot In The Dark

June 1st 2020

- Taylor -

"Lily said she had one of those for Winston and it was really awesome, it folds out into a stroller so that if he falls asleep in the car we wouldn't have to wake him to put him into a stroller," I peek up at Karlie as I lie with my head on her shoulder, the model is wearing a subtle frown as we scroll through pages of strollers and car seats, neither of us with any clue what we're doing. "I thought we agreed on the Cybex one that lies flat?" She meets my eyes as we both laugh and Karlie lays her head down on mine, "we're never going to figure this out and he's coming home tomorrow."

I shake my head and close her laptop, sitting it on the bedside table beside her before moving to straddle her lap. I lean my forehead against hers as I smile, "how about we just agree to get that one and the Cybex stroller and call it quits," I kiss her lips before kissing along her neck as the model chuckles, "deal."

I laugh too as she pulls at my shirt and I let her pull it over my head, "quietly, Kloss, there is a child sleeping right next door," she latches onto a sensitive spot and I have to try so hard to stop myself from moaning as she smirks, making me eat my own words. "Oh, you're so paying for that," I giggle as I pin her down, smiling as I let myself get lost in her eyes, they're so filled with love and happiness. I love her beyond words.

---

The morning light is spilling into the room as I open my eyes, turning over to find the spot next to me empty. I frown a little at the absence of my girlfriend and push myself up, holding the sheets close to my body as I scan the room, listening for signs of her but hearing nothing.

I get out of bed, grabbing the discarded shirt and pulling it over my head so that I'm covered before grabbing some shorts and heading downstairs. It's silent which is confusing since it's past nine and Rosie never sleeps this late. "Where's Kar, Mere?" I find the cat along my way and pick her up, carrying her with me as I walk into the kitchen.

There's no Karlie and no Rosie but there is a note on the counter beside the coffee pot. 'I have Ro, we're running errands and we'll be back before it's time to bring home baby boy :) We love you'

I shake my head as I smile, I can't believe I ever got so lucky. I have the woman that I love, a perfect little girl and a sweet little boy. It might be unexpected but there is nothing I would rather have in my life right now. Baby boy got the all clear and is being discharged to us this afternoon and Rosie is so excited to be a big sister, it might be a little difficult but we'll make this work.

"You're going to have another sibling, Mere, you need to be nicer to this brother though, he's a lot more delicate than Benji," I laugh as I set her on the counter, stroking her fur. Mere and Olivia where not Benjamin's biggest fans when I brought him home but they grew to love their baby brother. Although if they love baby boy as much as they love Ro then everything is going to be fine.

- Karlie -

"Are you sure we have everything?" Taylor is wearing a frown as she searches through the diaper bag for the millionth time in the last half hour. "Yes, babe, stop stressing," I rest my hand on her shoulder as I hold Rosie on my hip. We're about to leave for the hospital to go and bring baby boy home and Taylor is really starting to get anxious. "Plus, it's only a twenty minute ride home, I think we're more than prepared, right Ro?" I tickle the five year old and she giggles as I put her down.

"Can we go get my baby brother now? Please?" She drags out the last word and I laugh as she pulls on Taylor's hand, the blonde smiling as she looks down to Ro. "Of course we can, go and grab Avie and we'll go," she takes a nervous breath and Rosie runs off to grab her giraffe.