𝟎𝟐 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭

DEJA VU!

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

every dance that we danced

" does she mean you forgot about me? "

Present: 1862,  December 1st     13.07 EST
Mystic Falls VA

"Miss Petrova," Damon gasped as he caught sight of her but Charlotte could do nothing but feel her own face turning red when she saw him all cleaned up and more handsome than usual.

His face was more defined as if sculpted by Donatello himself. His smile depicted one of true joy-so pure as if it was touched by an angel that graced only the best things on earth. His blue eyes were as curious and bright as she had ever seen them and the vampire wondered what it would be like if she had the chance to get lost in them for the rest of eternity. It sounded like paradise.

They were all at the Miss Mystic Pageant and as she walked down the stairs after her dear friend Margaret, Charlotte saw one Damon Salvatore just waiting to take her to the dance floor. She couldn't help the smile that enchanted her face as it grew red. Damon had asked her if he could take her to the ball almost a week after they met and she instantly agreed.

Charlotte's pink gown was simple-she had tried not to look too desperate for a place that she hardly knew but the woman couldn't help but feel like a princess, like she was actually someone special. She wanted to yell out in happiness, smirk at the girls who looked at her with eyes of envy, and just be alive for a moment- and for once in her life, she wanted to do it just for herself, not for Katerina or Rebekah or anyone else.

She would be dancing with Damon Salvatore.

"You-You look really handsome," she finally managed to say as he guided her to the ballroom, his warm hands giving heat to her very own and she felt her face turn red again.

"And you look extremely gorgeous," he told her, his smile becoming even more bright, "I can see most girls are feeling jealous of your beauty already."

She smiled at him slightly and looked around to see most people looking at her but she knew she wasn't the reason their faces were twisted in silent jealousy, "I am pretty sure they are envious because I am dancing with the Damon Salvatore."