𝟎𝟓 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱

DEJA VU!

warning: this chapter has not been edited.

CHAPTER FIVE

there are two types of best friends

" But it feels like that weight is on my back "

Past: 1863, February 25th   15.03 EST

Mystic Falls VA

According to Margaret, I was nothing short of a cosmic mess. Damon ghosting me had led me into a dark road of sadness and a longing in the weeks following the Valentine's day that I couldn't quite comprehend. I was right to tell him, yes but I am not sure what I expected. I was a creature of the night, a cursed being who was granted immortality to remember every mistake that I have made.

"Okay, now stop," Margaret rolled her eyes at me, "Damon Salvatore is a good person and he wouldn't tell anyone your secret!"

We were currently sitting in my room, since Margaret's brothers and her father had gone to some meeting at the Salvatore Mansion. Margaret was sitting on my bed while I paced around in my room.

"What's the time now?"

"It's been five minutes since you asked me last, Maggie."

For some reason, she had also been asking me the time continuously and looking at the window. She was probably planning on seeing Christopher tonight.

I sat down next to Margaret with a sigh.

"He hates me. I am a monster."

Then I felt someone hit my head with pillow. It didn't hurt as much as it ruined my hair.

"Ouch...? Maggie!"

"Stop being whiny," my best friend chided, "I am trying to see the clock-"

"You know, you can get up and see the time," I groaned, tired of bending to see how many minutes have passed on the clock in my room.

"Now, Charlie, why will I do that when I have you?"

I was going to give a witty reply when a sound came from outside the window, as if someone was throwing stones at it.

"Maggie, do you know what that sound is?"

The girl just shrugged, "You are the three hundred year old vampire. Check it out."