𝟎𝟔 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘴

DEJA VU!

CHAPTER SIX

Another perspective

" we keep going round and round in circles "

Past: 1863, April 6th 21.05 EST

Mystic Falls, VA

They stood on the edge of a field not far away from their regular meeting place and stared into the starry-night sky. This place was special, for as beautiful as it was, it was the first place Charlotte and Damon had called theirs.

"You could think everything is perfect," The brunette whispered remembering the last month where she had been so happy. Damon took a step towards her and hugged her from behind.

"Right now, everything is," He answered and kissed her neck. She closed her eyes, "Someday this all will be over," He suddenly said fully convinced and she almost believed him. Almost.

She turned around to look at him.

"Do you really think that?" He nodded and smiled encouragingly.

"Here is going to be our house." He said pointing to the wide field in front of them. She laughed along but tried to imagine how it would be to live with him- as impossible as it seemed.

"Just us two, away from anyone else." She grinned brightly.

"With our adopted children." She added, deciding to play along, "Like the ones we saw last week."

"Three." He said without thinking and she didn't question it.

"Katherine, Elizabeth and Stefan," He looked surprised at her, but went along with it.

"And one day, I will come home from work and you will just finish helping getting dinner ready and our eldest daughter will come to visit with her husband," They both started laughing. She leaned against him, "And then they will wonder how you are still the most beautiful person in the household."

"That would be too nice." She whispered.

"One day." He promised.

She smiled at him, "It's a beautiful dream."

There was silence for a few moments as Damon gazed at the girl in his arms, "You know that I love you, right?"

Charlotte sighed, "Yes. I do- as I love you," she spoke, "I just... I wish you didn't have to go."

Damon closed his eyes, "I am so sorry, Char, and if there was any other way I wouldn't be going."

"I know," Charlotte tried her best not to cry, "I love you so much"

"I will come back soon, as fast as I can," the Salvatore spoke.

Charlotte turned her head so she could see his face, "Promise?"

"I promise, my love," Damon kissed her lips lightly, "You are my person."