Monday November 2nd

NUKA'S POV

Something is off.

I know as soon as I step into the library and Iago isn't in his usual chair, adorably bent over an obscure book, scrunching his nose at the fact that he has to drink tea from a paper to-go cup because, ya know, school.

He has a free period before this one and I know he spends it here in the library, so where is he?

I tell myself not to panic as I walk back out of the library. Despite Iago not having a phone, being able to find him and make plans has never been an issue for me. I could ask him if he wanted to do something after school or over the weekend during our time together in the library. It is unusual for his routine to change unexpectedly. He's not spontaneous, I wish he was a little more spontaneous at times, but I would never ask him to do anything that makes him uncomfortable, but he has been more open to doing new things.

He might be with Indy.

A small part of my mind is telling me that this is still concerning because he's never missed our "tutoring" sessions. I don't really need that much help anymore. Lately we just spend time together. Sometimes he reads while I do homework so I don't have to do it after practice and working in the pottery studio with my mom, or he will read over my Literature essays and give me advise. Sometimes we just sit and talk. Even though I don't need tutoring, there is no way I'm giving up any time with him.

Especially now.

"Hey, Black Feather! How come you're out roaming the halls and not in the library with LG!" Gabe's voice reaches me before I even notice the excitable retriever and his much calmer Mate. I crack a little smile at the fact that Gabe adopted my nickname for Iago into something of his own. It means a lot that they like him.

"Iago wasn't' in the library. I'm going to the computer lab to see if he's with Indy."

Gabe and Archer fall into step with beside me. They've been my best friends since we first met in Pee-Wee hockey. I've known they were going to at least date since puberty started and my powers began to manifest.

There are times it really sucks having a Succubus for a Mom. Since I'm half Incubus I can read a person's sexual aura or energy. I can see when they are attracted to someone else, when they are sexually frustrated or satisfied, which is super fun in high school, let me tell ya. I can see the Mate bond between people when they turn 18 and find their Mate, their auras will begin to match up and reach for each other. Occasionally, if it's strong enough, I get flashes of empathic lust. Mom says that will be "VERY beneficial" when have a mate, apparently that is the only one of my Incubus powers that will affect my Mate.

I'm glad that's the only one because the one I would hate to work on my Mate is the fact that I have a slight power of suggestion though touch. If I want to, I can touch someone and suggest they do something, almost like hypnosis but not as strong. It's not as strong as a full succubus or incubus, who can completely control and manipulate. I can't take away free will, it's more like a subtle push.

Honestly, I like the powers from my dad more. He is a Winter Fae, so I have control over snow and ice plus I don't ever feel the cold.

"What the FUCK are you three doing here? Isn't it bad enough you've put yourselves into my life through my twin but now you're here bothering me in one of the few spaces I was sure you wouldn't show up."

Indy clearly doesn't like us.

We were in the "secondary" computer lab. Basically, it's a tiny room the computer club took over and have set up into a computer lab that looks like it's out of a SCI-FI movie, like what Neo had in the beginning of the Matrix but even more high-tech. Only a few other people are in there, all plugged in with huge headphones on.