Monday November 2nd

Nuka's POV

I feel like I've been punched.

No one knows where Iago is. This is bad.

"Could he have shifted and gone off to settle down?" Archer looked between Indy and me. We both shake our heads.

"Iago rarely needs to shift."

Gabe was near frantic, trying to get our attention, he finally grabbed a hold of Archer's pant leg and tugged.

"He has a trail to follow. He wants us go with him."

Indy looked at Archer, his eyes not the same cold and calculating as before, "What kind of trail, just his scent or...."

"He's following the smell of his blood."

None of us spoke after that. We just follow Gabe, to a classroom door. Indy doesn't even bother to knock; he just throws open the door in the middle of class. He follows the determined retriever to a petite girl with a slightly round face and curly blonde hair and the bag over the back of her chair while Archer stops to hurriedly explain to the teacher what is going on.

She looked slightly familiar. Maybe she dates one of the hockey guys. I'm think her name is Veronica something. Something about her presses on the back of my brain but I'm too worked up to figure out what it is.

She ignores Indy and looks straight at me.

"Nuka! What's up? Everything ok?" She uses that sickly sweet voice that girls use when they want to flirt with me. I can see her attraction rolling off her in waves. It's a hot, stifling pink that borders on obsession.

Gabe grabs at the bag, obviously something that smells like Iago's blood is in it.

"Hey, watch it Mutt!" Her voice is sharp and aggressive, no longer a fake bubble gum impression.

"Looks like you have something in your bag. Let's take a look." Indy doesn't even hesitate, just reaches out, grabs the bag and dumps the contents on the floor.

The first thing to draw my eye is an old, vintage looking book. It had that classic feel to it, like the cover was handmade and not mass produced. You could see a few of the pages had been soaked along the edges with what could only be blood.

Indy and I move at the same time. He grabs for her at the same time I grab him.

"Indy, she can't tell us what happened if you attack her."

Her expression darkens and she sneers at Indy. "You're freak of a brother got exactly what he deserves. Maybe know he'll know not to touch what doesn't belong to him and that he's too much of a freakish loser to change his social status."

Fuck, Indy was right.

Everything starts happening so fast after finding Iago's blood-soaked book in Veronica's bag.

Gabe shifts back to his human form and goes to get the principal. Archer texts Jordan, Ollie and few other members of the hockey team we were close to and trusted.

Me. Well I try to stay calm and not rush into anything and make this worse.

We are waiting outside the classroom the principal was keeping Veronica. The tension was high.

"INDY"

We all turn to see two huge men come storming down the hallway. Both were wearing black chef jackets and jeans.

Now when I say huge, even I'm intimidated by them. They are both slightly taller and broader than me. They both had the same hair color as Indy, but one was long and pulled back into a bun and the others was clearing starting to grey. Both had a five o'clock shadow and very unhappy expressions on their faces.