Saw x Gaty (Platonic, Humanized)

"Bye Gaty! It was nice meeting you!"

"Bye Saw! Nice meeting you too!"

I waved goodbye as Saw left the park.

It was great meeting her today, a shame that she had to leave, we were just getting into an interesting conversation!

I was about to leave as well but then noticed a book on the side of the bench where Saw was sitting.

Hm, looks like she left this. I thought to myself.

I picked up the book and examined it.

How to not speak in 8? Well she was not speaking in 8 or whatever that means when I talked to her, so seems like this book worked.

I snapped back to reality and swooped my body around to chase after Saw.

"WAIT! SAW! YOU FORGOT YOUR BOOK!!!" I yelled over to her.

She was just getting into her car when she turned around to look at me.

"Oh yes! My book!" She swiped it out of my hands. "Wow, thanks for bringing it back to me!"  She hugged it close to her chest.

"No problem, that's what friends are for after all!" I cheerfully replied.

"Friends? Didn't we just met?" She asked, looking confused.

"You don't consider me as a friend?" I frowned and drooped my head sadly.

"Oh no! I just thought it's a bit early for friendship right now! Not that I don't care about you or anything!" She shook her hands in front of her body with the book tucked under her arm.

"Oh, I understand now, then how about this..."

I held out my hand.

"Promise me that you will meet up with me in this here park every single day until you think that we have officially become best friends?"

She looked at me, then back at my hand, flipping her head back and forth until she gave me a determined expression, grabbing my hand and shaking it.

"Deal."

And so we did. We began meeting each other in that very park every day, we made sure to get to the park on time, every day, and never miss a single day.

It almost became a competition of who will miss a day first.

Till finally....

"Huff... Huff..." I wiped the sweat off of my forehead. Made it on time...

I walked over to the bench that me and Saw always scheduled to meet at and saw a book on the seat.

On closer inspection, it actually turned out to be the same book she almost forgot about on the first day we met each other.

Why would she leave this here? I wondered. And more importantly, where is Saw?

I turned the book around in my fingers multiple times before I eventually tried flipping through the pages.

I turned to the first page and saw a sticky note on the paper.

"Dear Gaty, the day that I have made my final decision on our friendship, as arrived. I will now make my official judgement, and that judgement is..... We are now officially best friends!"

The moment after I read out the last part, something from behind tackled me to the ground.

"Haha! Thought that I abandoned you, huh?" It was Saw's voice speaking to me.

I felt her weight come off of me and I rose up from the ground.

"Did you really mean what you wrote in that sticky note?" I asked.

She nodded her head excitedly.

I basically collided into her in my attempt to hug her.

"So we really are officially bestest besties now?" I asked her eagerly.

"Hm, I think it's a little early for that, but how about this...."