4.OUR WORLD, OUR MEANING

lee ryun's pov

Jay had become a very important person in my everyday life. I think there wasn't even a day in the summer of 2007 that i didn't spend with him. Vacation days were over and we had to go back to school. The children of 'The Sugars' were sent to a specific school. They had to study there till the high school after which the choices of universities were up to us. I still remember the time  when jay and me decided to keep  each other nicknames as we found our real names to formal to be called. How i wish i could turn back time and revisit all those cute memories.

autumn of 2007

The schools had started again. I was sitting on my seat....alone...as i didn't had any friend excluding jongsoeng plus nobody wanted to sit with me. The bell rang and our teacher entered the class. "we have a new student here. jongseong come in.". I was shocked as i heard jong seong's name. "hello everyone! my name is park jongseong. please treat me well!" he introduced himself smiling cutely. "jongseong you can go and sit with lee ryun". I raised my hand as he came and sat at the seat beside me."Nice to meet you. hope you take care of me well." (noona)  he said in a sarcastic way whispering the 'noona' while  extending his hand towards me."i will" i said while shaking hands with him.

"how are you in my class?you are two years younger than me." i asked him during lunch time. "well, i might be two years younger than you noona, but my brain isn't . see, i am just smart like you." i chuckled at his response.

My school days had become more fun after jong seong joined it.Now i had someone with whom i could talk, study, eat, play together. since he had come to school i started making more friends. others started approaching me. It felt really unreal, the cold girl whom everyone was afraid of had become a playful girl with many friends.life just seemed perfect.

one day as me and my friends were playing on the park, i noticed that jongseong was sitting alone on the bench where we sat the last time. I ran and sat beside him."is anything wrong jongseong?why aren't you playing?" i asked him. " i just wanted to rest for a while." i nodded as a response while looking at the view  of the mountains in front of us. 

"nowadays you spend less time with me after getting new friends noona."he said while looking at the ground."are you jealous?!!!"i asked him with a teasing tone. "no!!!!but see i was your  first friend ok. They just can't come in the middle of our friendship and take you away from me" he said while pouting. i let out a laugh by seeing his pouted face. "how about we keep something special between us so that nobody ever has a chance of being more special to me than you??!!! Like keeping a nickname for each other!" i said excitedly to brighten up his mood, which it successfully did. "That's a great idea noona!"he said looking all excited.

"i think 'JAY' suits you" i said while looking at him. "woah noona, how did you come up with that?"he asked curiously. I looked at him with sincere eyes before answering 

"see, before you came into my life i thought that my life would be all about studies with no friends, happiness and joy. But when u came, everything changed. My days became more cheerful, I became more cheerful. i started having friends and enjoying everything. You became a 'RAY' for me. A ray of hope that maybe my life could be different. Maybe there is something more left to see in my life. Maybe i can do more than what i think i can. so, i mixed 'RAY' with 'j' since its the first letter of your name and got the name jay."

"that was some deep thinking ..." he said looking astonished. "what ya got for me?" i asked him.

"ryul" 

"how did ya come up with that?" I asked him.

"see, i cant go much deep as you noona. i made it up with the letters in your own name as your name has got its own aura and originality. you are  the most unique  person i have ever  met in my life. you got your own charm. when ever i see you, it weirdly makes me happy and puts a smile on my face. i feel happy, no, veryyyyyyyyyy happy when i am with you. Though the name might have no actual meaning behind it but i wanted to give it a meaning. A meaning  that only the two of us knows." 

i was speechless, his reason was too cute for my heart to handle. i stared at him for a while before coming back to my senses.

"i guess we both made a word for each other whose meaning behind it only the two of us knows" i said while laying down on the grass to look at the stars that had come up by now, being too happy and grateful to have him in my life.

 "yep.... that's because when we two are together, everything in the world disappears, making anything we make too worthy and meaningful for other people to know." he calmly said that  while stargazing with me, but he didn't knew that my heart skipped a beat after beating twice the speed as usual, just by this sentence of his. 

"by the way i am not going to call you noona from now on wards . It feels awkward as you are my friend, no, my best friend. Right 'ryul'?" he said with that cute voice of his.

"yes, i am you best friend, ........'jay'." i said while  we were both looking at each other with a smile on our face, under the sky full of stars. 

That night, in this vast universe of ours, we had created something beautiful for each other that might seem meaningless to others.......... but too beautiful for us, to forget that night, even in a million years.......

so yeah, hello again there. hope you liked the chapter...<3

DISCLAIMER!!!!!

i guess you cringed a lot while reading this. hehehe.....                                                                                         see i am a writer who writes a lot of cringy things ok.                                                                                            So yeah! just wanted to give a disclaimer. and if you like the type of lines that i used in this chapter, do comment......

strangers to noona, noona to friends, friends to best friends, best friends to ?????                                                                     whats next???