T h r e e

Oh boy, jeongguk thought and maybe even said out loud. At the moment he was swinging with his webs away from his family's house and into the busy streets of Busan. He was looking forward to just sitting on random rooftops and swinging around for a while that day. But as it normally happens his hope was destroyed the second he got to the main street.

He already saw that something would happen, the streets were packed with people, rushing to get home from work or meet up with friends.

It always made Jeongguk think, that if he had a normal live, no powers, would he be going out like that too? He often lets himself suffer from watching these people being carefree and happy, while he sat hundreds of meters over them and wishes he was normal.

But then again he thinks that he choose this life and that he couldn't change that. Not when the citizens and the police count on him.

So he swung down to the middle of the road and looked over the crossing. Right as he felt like nothing would happen his senses told him to turn around. He did and what he saw was an enormous fire.

Alarmed he swung over to the old restaurant he and his family had often eaten at. The firefighters where nowhere to be found. The explosion that caused the fire just happened a minute ago so they had no chance in being there yet, jeongguk figured.

People who were inside the restaurant already ran out and jeongguk made sure nobody was missing.

Deciding that he must do something, he began swinging to the top part of the building, since the people who lived over the restaurant couldn't possibly get out without getting burned. Jeongguk jumped on the first balcony over the burning restaurant. He looked inside the apartment and saw an open window, so he jump inside and screamed if somebody was there. No response came, so he quickly ran through the rooms to be sure. Nobody was there so he went to the balcony over the other.

Knocking on the glassdoor, jeongguk hoped that the firefighters would hurry up a bit. He was sweating a lot in his hoodie and face mask. A woman opened the door and jeongguk thought she looked like she didn't even know about the fire. He told her that it is burning and asked if somebody was with her. Shocked she said that her husband was still there. Jeongguk took the action into his hands and went in the apartment screaming at the woman to stand where she was.

He shouted for the husband, took him by the wrist and dragged him to the balcony. Jeongguk instructed them to hold on tight and grabbed them around their torsos. He shot a web to a building nearby and swung over. He let them down and quickly began going through the other apartments.

Soon the firefighters arrived and tried to stop the fire but it already sprung over to the apartments above. Jeongguk thought he had been there in the right moment, and was thankful for his senses. He saved another twenty or so people before the building began to fall apart. He still had two apartments left. Panicked he just broke though the balcony door and looked for people. He just found a boy his age sitting on a desk writing something with his headphones on. Jeongguk didn't care for whatever he was doing ,took the boy by his wrist and ran to the balcony to swing him to the other building. If jeongguk had more time to look ,he would had seen a pair of tearful eyes looking at him in astonishment. He left again to go to the next and last apartment and thankfully the family living there already stood on the balcony. He webed them together and swung over again.

Jeongguk very loudly asked if someone was still in the building. No response came so he told them to go to the firefighter trucks that already put out the fire. Everyone still in shock went over the blocked street to talk to the firefighters. Right as Jeongguk wanted to swing back to a higher building he saw the boy, he saved leaning on the wall crying.

Jeongguk really wanted to talk to him but he knew that if he did, the boy knew his voice. It's too dangerous ,jeongguk decided and shot a swing web to a building.

Sitting on the roof of a skyscraper near by he observed the fire trucks driving away. He watched as the street got opened again. He wondered about the boy who was crying. Why was he crying jeongguk asked himself, knowing he wouldn't get an answer.

He often did that, just sitting there after helping someone and wondering how they feel, who they are, all things he would most certainly never know. 

———————————-

This was a faster update then I thought because I found another draft

See you on the next update!!